Jungfraujoch and then to Lucerne mid October

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2019 at 14:06:14 #824018

Hi,

I am planning to visit Jungfraujoch and Lucerne in the second week of October. I will be coming from Germany , planning to stay in Grindelwald/Wengen/Lauterbrunnen/Interlaken, and planning to visit Jungfraujoch (good morning ticket). I will be going to Lucerne the same day evening and return back to germany the next evening. Could you please help me in addressing the below queries.

1. Is it worth to go to Jungfraujoch during the mid of October? I know it would depend on the climate on the particular day, but still I would like to have some suggestions here.

2. Which is the most inexpensive place to stay in order to go to Jungfraujoch other than Interlaken?

3. Which is the best mode of transport to reach Lucerne from Jungfraujoch?

4. Can we expect snow in Grindelwald/Lauterbrunnen in October?

5. In case of bad weather, what are the other activities to do in Jungfraujoch area ?I am not into any adventurous activities , but more like hiking or site seeing.

thanks in advance.

• The thread ‘Jungfraujoch and then to Lucerne mid October’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.