Jungfraujoch by helicopter?

• Hudspith
    Participant
    71 posts
    4 July 2018 at 12:24:39 #817065

I saw something yesterday on the Jungfraujoch webcam that I have never, ever seen before and I look at it very regularly – a helicopter on the small plateau of snow just beyond the rope barriers. This quite took me by surprise as I didn’t know it possible to visit by helicopter and then I wondered whether or not it might have been for a medical emergency – just trying to download a photo to illustrate the event.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 July 2018 at 13:13:00 #890178

Hi Hudspith,

I’ve seen helicopters several times for building and maintenance activities and sometimes for rescues. There are helicopter flights for tourists but not to visit Jungfraujoch as far as I know. Here’s a fairly recent thread about it: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/helicopter-ride-to-jungfraujoch-worth-it.

Hudspith
    Participant
    71 posts
    5 July 2018 at 9:03:11 #890179

Thanks for that link Arno – made interesting reading. I was lucky enough to see a Dakota sightseeing flight when I was at Jungfraujoch sadly me camera decided to play up so my photos weren’t very good.

• The thread ‘Jungfraujoch by helicopter?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.