Jungfraujoch by helicopter?

Jungfraujoch by helicopter?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Hudspith
Hudspith
29 posts
Jul 4, 2018 - 12:24 PM

I saw something yesterday on the Jungfraujoch webcam that I have never, ever seen before and I look at it very regularly - a helicopter on the small plateau of snow just beyond the rope barriers. This quite took me by surprise as I didn't know it possible to visit by helicopter and then I wondered whether or not it might have been for a medical emergency - just trying to download a photo to illustrate the event.

Last modified on Jul 4, 2018 - 12:26 PM by Hudspith
Arno
Arno
11155 posts
expert &
Jul 4, 2018 - 1:13 PM

Hi Hudspith,

I've seen helicopters several times for building and maintenance activities and sometimes for rescues. There are helicopter flights for tourists but not to visit Jungfraujoch as far as I know. Here's a fairly recent thread about it: www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/helicopter-ride-to-jungfraujoch-worth-it.

Last modified on Jul 4, 2018 - 1:13 PM by Arno
Hudspith
Hudspith
29 posts
Jul 5, 2018 - 9:03 AM

Thanks for that link Arno - made interesting reading. I was lucky enough to see a Dakota sightseeing flight when I was at Jungfraujoch sadly me camera decided to play up so my photos weren't very good.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018