Jungfraujoch by helicopter?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Hudspith
Hudspith
33 posts
Jul 4, 2018 - 12:24 PM

I saw something yesterday on the Jungfraujoch webcam that I have never, ever seen before and I look at it very regularly - a helicopter on the small plateau of snow just beyond the rope barriers. This quite took me by surprise as I didn't know it possible to visit by helicopter and then I wondered whether or not it might have been for a medical emergency - just trying to download a photo to illustrate the event.

Last modified on Jul 4, 2018 - 12:26 PM by Hudspith
Arno
Arno
12095 posts
expert &
Jul 4, 2018 - 1:13 PM

Hi Hudspith,

I've seen helicopters several times for building and maintenance activities and sometimes for rescues. There are helicopter flights for tourists but not to visit Jungfraujoch as far as I know. Here's a fairly recent thread about it: www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/helicopter-ride-to-jungfraujoch-worth-it.

Last modified on Jul 4, 2018 - 1:13 PM by Arno
Hudspith
Hudspith
33 posts
Jul 5, 2018 - 9:03 AM

Thanks for that link Arno - made interesting reading. I was lucky enough to see a Dakota sightseeing flight when I was at Jungfraujoch sadly me camera decided to play up so my photos weren't very good.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019