Jungfraujoch then Rosenlaui Glacier Gorge in a day

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2019 at 11:53:20 #821617

Hi as stated, I have a full day in interlaken during early June and am planning to go to Jungfraujoch and rosenlaui glacier gorge after.

Firstly, I would like to hear if this is feasible.

I’m planning to reach Jungfraujoch at 10am and leave at 1pm. Make our way to Grindelwald and reach Schwarzwaldalp by 4pm. Then from there, make our way to the glacier gorge. Do you think this is feasible?

Secondly, if it is feasible, I would like to ask how should I travel to the glacier gorge. Should I take the bus to Schwarzwaldalp and hike from there to the gorge (how long would this take) OR take another bus from Schwarzwaldalp to Rosenlaui, Gletscherschlucht and hike from there (how long would this take)

Thanks so much, devin

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    13 May 2019 at 21:06:50 #912265

Dear Devintan,

You don’t have to worry about the Rosenlaui Gorge. You won’t do it in one day. Jungfraujoch is above 3000 m elevation. You are quite right in your idea of spending three hours there. Then you go down to Grindelwald, after which you will be so exhausted (due to the change of altitude, up and down) that you will not feel like going elsewhere, except to Interlaken where, if I got it right, is your hotel.

In theory, your idea may be possible, entirely by bus, then from Meiringen to Interlaken by train. Forget about any hike on the day you go to Jungfraujoch.

You will probably not believe me, now. But you’ll remember my advice in June, I’m sure!

AlanPrice
    Participant
    279 posts
    13 May 2019 at 21:44:43 #912266

Hi

As Snowman pointed out, the short answer is no. What would possibly work is going to the Grindelwald Gletscherschlucht instead, it’s only about 1 km from the train station and a lot easier to reach than the Rosenlaui.

Cheers

Alan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2019 at 9:31:25 #912267

Hello Devin,

I also agree that it might be bit too ambitious for one day, however, should you nevertheless want to give it a try following Snowman’s directions, find connections and travelling times on the timetable:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

To find input about the mentioned Glacier canyon in Grindelwald and other activities to do in the area check:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/gr indelwald/activities

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘Jungfraujoch then Rosenlaui Glacier Gorge in a day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.