Is the Jungfraujoch ticket for one departure time?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sendha
Sendha
6 posts
Jul 12, 2019 - 2:55 AM

Hi..

I will travel to Jungfraujoch from Paris via Interlaken Ost, and i am going to buy Jungfraujoch tickets via jungfrau.ch

If i choose the time departure, for example 08:00 from Interlaken Ost, should i be on time at 08:00 or the time is flexible like the ticket offered by www.getyourguide.com (only written valid for 1 day)?

Thank you.

Arno
Arno
14065 posts
expert &
Jul 12, 2019 - 4:48 AM

Hello Sendha,

Both websites offer the same tickets for the same price. Unless you also buy seat reservations, tickets are valid for the day.

Sendha
Sendha
6 posts
Jul 12, 2019 - 2:07 PM

Ohh.. is there any suggestion about the passes?

Since on the next July 27 morning, i will arrive in Interlaken Ost and continue the trip to Grindelwald-Jungfraujoch-Lauterbrunnen-Interlaken Ost and in next morning back to Lauterbrunnen to enjoy the view while waiting for transportation to Salzburg.

So the total days/nights in Swiss is 2 days and 1 night.

Should i buy passes or better take single trip/buy tickets point to point (excl. Jungfraujoch tickets)?

Thank you

Annika
Annika
6068 posts
expert &
Jul 12, 2019 - 2:31 PM

Hi Sendha,

How will you arrive in Interlaken Ost? I assume it's by public transportation as well? You'll save some money using a Swiss Half Fare Card, providing a 50% discount on all trips, including the one to Jungfraujoch: www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard. If you decide to use the Swiss Half Fare Card, note that you should buy discounted rather than full-fare Jungfraujoch tickets. You'll find discounted tickets for Swiss Half Fare Card holders in the list of retailers at www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/packages.

Here's how to calculate which pass or ticket option is best for your trip: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019