Jungfraujoch tickets

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 October 2016 at 9:51:24 #810230

Hi all,

2 more months to my honeymoon in Swiss!!

Just want to ask some questions,

1. if it’s better to purchase the tkts to Jungfrau online? or go to the station to purchase when im there?

2. I’ve seen in the forum that many ppl would check the weather forecast b4 going up the mountain, why is this so? If it’s raining or snowing heavily, we wont be able to go up?

3. How long should we spend there?

I’ll be buying the Swiss half fare in singapore b4 i travel to switzerland. I would be staying in Zurich, Grindelwald and Luzern.

Advance thanks!

Shane

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 October 2016 at 10:47:45 #856553

Hi Shane,

1. That does not matter much, please see myswissalps.com/ jungfraujoch/ tickets.

2. You will be able to go up but you won’t see anything if it snows up there or if it is covered in clouds. The view is the main attraction.

3. At least two hours or much more. Please see myswissalps.com/ jungfraujoch.

You can indeed print the Swiss Half Fare Card at home via http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the cards (no delivery fees) within 1 to 3 business days.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 October 2016 at 0:13:38 #856554

Dear Arno,

Thanks for ur advice.

May i also know which website is most accurate to check the weather in jungfraujoch?

Thanks,

Shane

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 October 2016 at 6:36:58 #856555

Hi Shane,

You’ll find a good forecast on myswissalps.com/ weather/forecast and a last minute check can be done through the webcam: http://panocam.skiline .cc/jungfraujoch.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 October 2016 at 6:39:01 #856556

Thanks Arno!!

Great info!!

• The thread ‘Jungfraujoch tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.