Jungfraujoch online tickets – flexible dates

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2018 at 14:07:09 #816185

Dear Team

can you please suggest how to buy open tickets for Jungfraujoch, i am having swiss pass and looking to buy for Wengen to Jungfraujoch ?

The STC site provide fix dates tickets, is there way i can buy flexible date tickets ?

shop.switzerlandtravel centre.com/?#/en/home

Thanks

Varun

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2018 at 14:58:12 #886128

Hello Varun,

Actually you can also buy Jungfraujoch tickets in the train station. For us we bought tickets in Interlaken. Ask them to schedule you on a certain date that you would probably go. Just show them your Swiss Travel Pass and it will only take you about 5 minutes. That’s what we did when we went there last May 15. We paid about CHF 275 for 2 persons. It’s 25% off if you have a Swiss Travel Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2018 at 15:03:55 #886129

Thanks Acastroo12 , what is the prefered way to go Jungfraujoch? should we go via Wengen ?

Also do they accepet credit card ?

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2018 at 15:19:45 #886130

We paid cash but I think they are also accepting credit cards. BTW CHF 275 is the discounted price for 2 persons if you have Swiss Travel Pass. Going up Jungfraujoch we went by Wengen and went down in Grindelwald.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2018 at 15:26:00 #886131

You’ve selected the right website😀 You’ll never go wrong. I would also like to thank all those people who made this site possible😀 Your all the best😉 My husband and I had a great time eventhough we only had a short-lived vacation in Switzerland. We’ll definitely be coming back😀

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2018 at 18:50:32 #886132

That website sells open-dated tickets but not for print at home tickets (which is for Jungfraujoch) so best to buy at a rail station at the moment.

Credit cards are accepted & you can go up via Wengen and down via Grindelwald (or vice versa)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2018 at 23:25:37 #886133

>> what is the prefered way to go Jungfraujoch? should we go via Wengen ?

There are pros and cons for each option: up via Grindelwald, down via Wengen or vice versa.

A nice option is to go up via Grindelwald and down via Wengen, alighting at Wengen for a stroll through the village to the lookout, which provides an amazing view over the Lauterbrunnen Valley and to the Jungfrau Massif.

For directions to the lookout and a photo of the view, please see my post of Feb 20, 2018 – 12:28 PM at the bottom of the following page:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/3-nights-itnry-which-travel-pass-pays-off

However, if you had plans for doing something in Grindelwald, such as taking the gondola up to First, then it would make sense to go up via Wengen and down via Grindelwald.

Whichever route you choose, if the Jungfraujoch has clear views in the morning, I would go straight up as a priority, as you never know when the clouds will roll in. Then you would do any activities in Grindelwald or Wengen on the way down.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2018 at 0:38:10 #886134

Thanks a lot acastro012, Lucas and Alpenrose666

• The thread ‘Jungfraujoch online tickets – flexible dates’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.