Jungfraujoch and First Grindelwald in 1 day

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2017 at 15:02:15 #812124

Hey we are comming to interlaken this month end.on day 1 we will be travelling to Jungfraujosch in the morning around 7 from interlaken and visit Jungfraujosch by 1 pm and go to grindelwald from Klein station and catch first cable car.i am travelling with a 2 year old kid.my main intention at first is to do a round hike to bachpese lake and come back to first take a cable car down.Till what time the cable car decends any idea.when will the cable car last trip down from first.

And where can i buy tickets to Jungfraujosch and first grindelwald

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2017 at 16:05:58 #864504

Hi bhavyam,

I think with a 2 year old that might be a bit too much for one day. For experienced hikers the round-trip to Bachalpsee from First is maybe 2.5 hours. I would count on at least 3 to 3.5 for you with a child I think.

The last cable car down to Grindelwald from First is 18:30. You can check railway and gondola schedules here.

Tickets for Jungfraujoch can be bought online here and First here. I would recommend waiting until the day before you want to go up to be sure the weather will be good!

Pickergal
    Participant
    88 posts
    5 June 2017 at 16:59:05 #864505

Lucas,

We would like to do the same thing at the end of September. It will just be myself and my husband. I thought the last gondola down from First is around 5:00 or 5:30 at that time of year. When I tried to use the link for the schedules it only showed me bus times. Do you know when the last gondola from First to Grindelwald is on September 28th?

Thank you so much.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 17:17:24 #864506

Hi Pickergal,

It is 17:30 on September 28. Use the link I gave above to bhavyam (where I say Tickets for Jungfraujoch can be bought online here and First here to check the schedule.

Lucas

Pickergal
    Participant
    88 posts
    5 June 2017 at 18:27:23 #864507

Thank you, Lucas. You are always so helpful.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 8:58:51 #864508

Anytime!

Also, you can search for all trains, boats, bus, gondola schedules with Swiss railways timetable here.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 12:04:08 #864509

Thank you so much

• The thread ‘Jungfraujoch and First Grindelwald in 1 day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.