Jungfraujoch and First Grindelwald in 1 day

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
bhavyam
bhavyam
5 posts
Jun 4, 2017 - 3:02 PM

Hey we are comming to interlaken this month end.on day 1 we will be travelling to Jungfraujosch in the morning around 7 from interlaken and visit Jungfraujosch by 1 pm and go to grindelwald from Klein station and catch first cable car.i am travelling with a 2 year old kid.my main intention at first is to do a round hike to bachpese lake and come back to first take a cable car down.Till what time the cable car decends any idea.when will the cable car last trip down from first.

And where can i buy tickets to Jungfraujosch and first grindelwald

Lucas
Lucas
9883 posts
expert &
Jun 4, 2017 - 4:05 PM in reply to bhavyam

Hi bhavyam,

I think with a 2 year old that might be a bit too much for one day. For experienced hikers the round-trip to Bachalpsee from First is maybe 2.5 hours. I would count on at least 3 to 3.5 for you with a child I think.

The last cable car down to Grindelwald from First is 18:30. You can check railway and gondola schedules here.

Tickets for Jungfraujoch can be bought online here and First here. I would recommend waiting until the day before you want to go up to be sure the weather will be good!

Pickergal
Pickergal
71 posts
Jun 5, 2017 - 4:59 PM

Lucas,

We would like to do the same thing at the end of September. It will just be myself and my husband. I thought the last gondola down from First is around 5:00 or 5:30 at that time of year. When I tried to use the link for the schedules it only showed me bus times. Do you know when the last gondola from First to Grindelwald is on September 28th?

Thank you so much.

Lucas
Lucas
9883 posts
expert &
Jun 5, 2017 - 5:17 PM in reply to Pickergal

Hi Pickergal,

It is 17:30 on September 28. Use the link I gave above to bhavyam (where I say Tickets for Jungfraujoch can be bought online here and First here to check the schedule.

Lucas

Pickergal
Pickergal
71 posts
Jun 5, 2017 - 6:27 PM

Thank you, Lucas. You are always so helpful.

Lucas
Lucas
9883 posts
expert &
Jun 6, 2017 - 8:58 AM in reply to Pickergal

Anytime!

Also, you can search for all trains, boats, bus, gondola schedules with Swiss railways timetable here.

Lucas

bhavyam
bhavyam
5 posts
Jun 6, 2017 - 12:04 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank you so much

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018