Tickets to Jungfrau area with Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 November 2017 at 12:00:17 #813726

Hi Team,

Greetings:)

I will be travelling to Switzerland on Dec 24th 2017. So on 26th We will be in Interlaken. And we are having SWISS TRAVEL PASS. So on 26th or 27th planning for Junghfro region, So can I book tickets online or is it ok if get those after coming there. I tried searching for online tickets but not able to find nor confusing. Please help

Thanks in Advance:)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 November 2017 at 13:20:15 #872313

Hi avinashrs and welcome to MySwissAlps!

With the Swiss Travel Pass you don’t need tickets for most trains you will take. You buy the rail pass so you don’t need to buy tickets all the time. To see what routes and attractions are covered by the Swiss Travel Pass click here.

There are some exceptions to that, especially in the Jungfrau region if you go up to the mountains. For example, if you want to go to Jungfraujoch you will need to buy a ticket from the town of Wengen or Grindelwald at a 25% discount (getting to those towns would be free).

I would recommend waiting to buy tickets for mountain trips until the day of or day before to ensure the weather looks decent.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 November 2017 at 13:37:21 #872314

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your replay.

Is rail and bus transports services are of 24 hrs operation or is there any closing timings? And how long the day light will be there.

And Will all types of Credit cards accepted. As am from India I have VISA and Master cards, will that work.

Thanks

Avinash

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 November 2017 at 16:10:17 #872315

You shouldn’t have any trouble with Vise or MasterCard when buying train tickets and at most major shops/stores around the country.

Some smaller shops and restaurants can be cash only – so be sure to have some Swiss Francs on you at all times.

No, trains and buses do not run 24/hrs. They tend to not operate from around midnight to 04:30ish depending on the route. You can use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan out your routes and the timings.

This site is good to check sunrise/sunset times in different towns.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2017 at 7:09:57 #872316

Hi Lucas,

Thanks. And we will be there in Interlaken for two days and Zurich for two days. So not sure how to plan for those two days in Zurich.

Could you please help us in planning in or around Interlaken and Zurich. Thanks in Advance.

Avinash

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2017 at 8:07:43 #872317

Hi Avinash,

Yes, we have some web pages on both towns with links of activities like hikes, and nearby attractions listed. Visit those pages here to get ideas on what to do: Zurich / Interlaken.

Zurich isn’t usually a town we recommend to visitors (first-time visitors especially) as most people want to see and experience Swiss mountains and there aren’t any near Zurich. Zurich is the largest city in Switzerland and it is great for shopping, eating out and visiting museums or art galleries.

Interlaken is the largest city in the Jungfrau region and very good for rail connections but I might look at a town nearby like Lauterbrunnen or Wengen instead (closer to the mountains).

• The thread ‘Tickets to Jungfrau area with Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.