Jungrau region in May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2013 at 8:44:27 #805847

Hi all,

i want to stay 3D2N at Jungrau region area in early May 2013, which is a better place to stay: wengen, Murren, Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen?

what are the activities i can do for 3d2n?
    if i wan to go up to Jungfraujoch, where is the furthest swiss pass cover before i need to buy a train tix for jungfrau?

thanks 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    11 March 2013 at 16:34:48 #838235

Hi revlis. Which town is better as a base depends on your preferences. Mürren and Wengen are both very scenic and located beautifully at high plateaus along the mountain slopes, but less convenient in terms of traveling. You’ll have to take a cable car ride down from Mürren or a train trip down from Wengen to head for other directions. Grindelwald is located a bit more centrally for some trips, larger and more touristy. Lauterbrunnen would be the most central out of the four towns you mention; it’s rather small and quiet too. Please compare traveling times with the aid of the timetable. Hotels in all towns can be found here.

Here's an overview of activities. Not all cable cars and mountain trains will be open in early May, but there’s still more than enough to choose from. Many consider the Jungfraujoch and/or Schilthorn to be highlights.

A Swiss Pass will cover your Jungfraujoch trip up to Wengen or Grindelwald. From there, you’ll have to buy a 25% discounted ticket. A Swiss Pass doesn’t make sense for a 3 day stay though, as the shortest variant consists of 4 days. Which pass is best depends on your further plans, including how and from where you plan to enter and leave the country. These guidelines may be of help.

• The thread ‘Jungrau region in May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.