Swiss Junior Travelcard and Bernese Oberland Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 July 2019 at 14:29:23 #822990

Hi –

My 15 yr. old son & I have the following itinerary:

Day 1: Zurich Airport to Lucerne (Boat tour on Lake Brienz)

Day 2: Lucerne to Wengen (Potentially stop for Boat tour on Lake Brienz on the way)

Days 3-5: Base in Wengen. While there we plan to

• Hike Wengen to Kleine Scheidegg , Continue hike up to Mannlichen then Gondola back to Wengen
    • Schynige Platte to First
    • Hikefrom Grutschalp to Murren. Weather permitting continue up to Schilthorn

Day 6 : Train to Bern (short visit) and then on to Zurich (overnight Zurich)

Day 7: Zurich – end of day train to Zurich Airport

I think best rail option will be individual ticket from Airport to Luzern, 6 day BO Regional pass (as it covers some additional travel in Schynige Platte, Kline Scheidegg and Schilthorn area) and then individual ticket from Bern to Zurich and then to the Zurich airport the following day. Please advise if this looks wrong. For my son I plan to purchase a Jr. Travel Card for 30CHF. When purchasing on the SBB site it looks like it is coupled with the pass – as I need to enter the 6 days the pass will be valid for, does that mean the Jr. card will only be valid on those 6 days as well? Should I buy separately? Trying to figure out how he travels free for side tickets (to/from Lucerne, Bern, airport)? THANK YOU!! Any itinerary adjustments also welcome.

• The thread ‘Swiss Junior Travelcard and Bernese Oberland Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.