Bernese Oberland pass cost to Jungfraujoch

Bernese Oberland pass cost to Jungfraujoch

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Phil
Phil
10 posts
Jun 25, 2018 - 4:31 PM

Hi there. The discount quoted for Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch on your Regional Pass page is 25%, yet the Bernese Oberland Regional Pass site says the cost is CHF99, a slight difference. However on all the booking sites I've found whilst there are options for the half price card discount and the Swiss Travel Pass discount, there is no option for a Regional Pass discount and no mention of a CHF99 rate. Can you help? Do I have to buy this 'special' ticket as a Station by showing my pass?

Lucas
Lucas
7222 posts
expert &
Jun 25, 2018 - 7:38 PM in reply to Phil

Hi Phil,

Yes, I don't think I've seen an online ticket for Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch section with the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland discount either. I think there isn't a demand from people having that pass and wanting to also buy a ticket for that section online.

You can of course, buy a ticket at any rail station though once you are in Switzerland.

Phil
Phil
10 posts
Jun 25, 2018 - 9:56 PM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas. Thanks for your prompt response. Presumably I have to show my B-O regional pass to get from Interlaken to Kleine Scheidegg free of charge and just buy a ticket just for KS to Jungfraujoch at any rail station. Can you confirm the price is CHF99 as shown on the B-O regional pass web site and not 25% as shown on the MySwissAlps.com?

Here is the page from the B-O Regional Pass website: www.regionalpass-berneroberland.ch/en/m ap-and-partners/jungfraubahne n-jungfraujoch/

Thanks

Arno
Arno
10757 posts
expert &
Jun 26, 2018 - 6:20 AM

Hi Phil,

Thanks for bringing this up. This fixed price of CHF 99 is new, it indeed was 25% off until recently. The CHF 99 is accurate so I updated our page: www.myswissalps.com/re gionalpassberneseoberl and/validity. You can buy that special ticket at any staffed station.

Enjoy your trip!

Last modified on Jun 26, 2018 - 6:21 AM by Arno
Gunzel
Gunzel
108 posts
Jun 26, 2018 - 9:27 AM

I've used a Bernese Oberland pass and paid the extra fare at Kleine Scheidegg.

The Jungfrau trips IS expensive but it's a once in a lifetime experience for many (most?) people so do it! (We're all a long time dead).

Easy.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018