Bernese Oberland pass cost to Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2018 at 16:31:53 #816890

Hi there. The discount quoted for Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch on your Regional Pass page is 25%, yet the Bernese Oberland Regional Pass site says the cost is CHF99, a slight difference. However on all the booking sites I’ve found whilst there are options for the half price card discount and the Swiss Travel Pass discount, there is no option for a Regional Pass discount and no mention of a CHF99 rate. Can you help? Do I have to buy this ‘special’ ticket as a Station by showing my pass?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2018 at 19:38:24 #889452

Hi Phil,

Yes, I don’t think I’ve seen an online ticket for Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch section with the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland discount either. I think there isn’t a demand from people having that pass and wanting to also buy a ticket for that section online.

You can of course, buy a ticket at any rail station though once you are in Switzerland.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2018 at 21:56:26 #889453

Hi Lucas. Thanks for your prompt response. Presumably I have to show my B-O regional pass to get from Interlaken to Kleine Scheidegg free of charge and just buy a ticket just for KS to Jungfraujoch at any rail station. Can you confirm the price is CHF99 as shown on the B-O regional pass web site and not 25% as shown on the MySwissAlps.com?

Here is the page from the B-O Regional Pass website: http://www.regionalpass-berneroberland.ch/en/m ap-and-partners/jungfraubahne n-jungfraujoch/

Thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 June 2018 at 6:20:20 #889454

Hi Phil,

Thanks for bringing this up. This fixed price of CHF 99 is new, it indeed was 25% off until recently. The CHF 99 is accurate so I updated our page: http://www.myswissalps.com/re gionalpassberneseoberl and/validity. You can buy that special ticket at any staffed station.

Enjoy your trip!

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    26 June 2018 at 9:27:35 #889455

I’ve used a Bernese Oberland pass and paid the extra fare at Kleine Scheidegg.

The Jungfrau trips IS expensive but it’s a once in a lifetime experience for many (most?) people so do it! (We’re all a long time dead).

Easy.

• The thread ‘Bernese Oberland pass cost to Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.