Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau tickets booking

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2018 at 13:48:13 #816367

Hi Team,

I have Swiss Travel Pass and I am planning for Jungfrau one day trip and Golden Gate trip for another day.

I was said that from Interlaken to Kleine Scheidegg is free with pass and there would be a discount for Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau. But where can I book Jungfrau tickets online? and If I buy tickets online, can this discount be applied on it. Same is with Golden Gate Pass also.

Thanks,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    1 June 2018 at 14:40:51 #887005

Hi Prasant,

The pass covers you until Wengen and Grindelwald, and you’ll get a 25% discount after that. Please see http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity for details on what is covered in your Swiss Travel Pass.

For Jungfraujoch ticket purchase options (discounted tickets as well), please see: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/tickets

I am not sure what you mean by a Golden Gate Pass, please provide more details and check whether that name is correct. Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2018 at 14:48:35 #887006

Thanks for your reply!

Regarding Jungfrau: Swiss Pass would be covering till Kleine Scheidegg right. Correct me if I am wrong. If not do we have to buy tickets from Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg and another ticket from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau.

Regarding Golden Pass: We are planning for Golden Pass train from Interlaken to Montreux for a day trip. For this do we need to make any bookings before hand.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2018 at 15:17:47 #887007

Hi Prasant,

Yes you must buy a ticket from Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch (25% discount). You don’t need 2 tickets though. Tickets can be bought on Arno’s link.

Golden Pass: Depends on your travel date. In July and August I’d recommend reservations on at least part of the route: Zweisimmen to Montreux. As that section (on a panoramic train) gets busy. https://www.myswissalp s.com/goldenpass/packa ges

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 1:51:28 #887008

Thanks for the Info! That was really helpful.

I would need suggestion on planning my trip. I have Swiss Travel Pass fro 3 days starting 11th June. I will be travellling from Paris–> Basel–> Interlaken.

I have 3 days in interlaken, 11th, 12th and 13th. And I am planning for places around interlaken on 11th, Junngrau on 12th and Golden line on 13th.

please suggest me if I am missing any must visit place.

Thanks

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 June 2018 at 3:15:38 #887009

A great value (ie free) round trip with your Swiss Travel Pass would be Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen (train) to Grütschalp (cable car), to Mürren (train), to Gimmelwald (cable car), to Stechelberg (cable car), to Lauterbrunnen (bus) to Interlaken (train). From Mürren you can easily visit Schilthorn which is a must do if the weather is favourable. In between Stechelberg and Lauterbrunnen the bus stops at the Trummelbach Falls. Well worth a look. All these places are searcheable on the MySwissAlps website.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 8:06:03 #887010

Hi Prasant,

Also be sure to look at our activity pages for the Jungfrau Region: https://www.myswissalp s.com/jungfrauregion/a ctivities and Montreux: https://www.myswissalp s.com/montreux/activit ies

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 10:35:48 #887011

Thanks Rockoyster !

Your plan seems great and I am assuming that these places can be covered in one day.Just one more confirmation , Are you referring above plan as replacement to our Day 2 Plan( Jungfrau) or Day 3( Golden Pass to Montreux)? and Is this entire route covered free with Swiss pass or is there any discounts with swiss pass.

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 4:42:36 #887012

His travel suggestion would be about a 1/2 day at a leisurely pace.

If you click on his Swiss Travel Pass link and click the “where it’s valid” tab you will see a pdf map of the coverage area.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 16:44:08 #887013

Awesome! Thanks for your reply!

One last question, Sorry I know its frustrating. So Can I do Above mentioned loop and Golden Pass line to Montreux on same day? Would that be feasible enough keeping in mind time constraint and possibilities. So 1/2 day goes for the loop and Rest half for the Montreux with golden pass from Lauterbrunnen. Is that possible? detailed below

Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen (train) to Grütschalp (cable car), to Mürren (train), to Gimmelwald (cable car), to Stechelberg (cable car), to Lauterbrunnen (bus) , to Montreux(Golden Pass),to Lauterbrunnen (train), to Interlaken(Train)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 19:21:28 #887014

Oh that would be an incredibly long day. The Golden Pass alone would be about 4 (one-way) and I’d guess you want to see a little of Montreux?

For planning these types of trips out you can use the Swiss railways timetable: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 June 2018 at 20:28:00 #887015

The Schilthorn trip and Montreux in one day is definitely not practical.

In fact I think the suggestion that you could do Schilthorn circuit in 1/w day at leisurely pace is very optimistic. Depends how long you stop up top, whether you stop at Birg fo Thrill Walk (mad if you didn’t), how long you spend at Trummelbach etc etc. Throw in the funicular Mürren to Allmendhubel for good measure and I would say best part of a day at leisurely pace or 1/2 a day absolutely flat out.

• The thread ‘Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau tickets booking’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.