Klingenstock to Fronalpstock walk early April

• Blanka
    Participant
    16 posts
    28 March 2021 at 9:42:50 #825803

Dear All! Seeking for some advice again 🙂 Late September I had the change to enjoy the ridge walk from Klingenstock to Fronalpstock, the views were incredible over the lakes. With temperatures being higher mid-next week, I was wondering if it´s too ambitious to target this walk again in few days time. Not sure if anyone has guidance to share, would also consider alternative hikes in Stoos area. Appreciate your help, hope you have a great Sunday! Regards, Blanka

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    28 March 2021 at 11:24:41 #934819

Hi Blanka! That’s an amazing hike indeed. Glad you already had the chance to enjoy it. Nearly all cable cars in the Stoos area are open until April 5, but there’s still quite some snow at Fronalpstock (about 150 cm) and you’d be walking at an altitude of about 1750-2000 m. The average recommended time of the year for this route is June to October. So I think you should focus on other hikes. You’ll find some open snow shoe routes and other suggestions when scrolling down at stoos-muotatal.ch/betriebsinformationen/ or at stoos-muotatal.ch/en/hiking/. I hope that helps!

Blanka
    Participant
    16 posts
    28 March 2021 at 13:50:20 #934820

Thank you, Annika, I will contain my excitement till early summer then and look at other options for next week. Have a lovely afternoon!

Anna
    6355 posts
    29 March 2021 at 6:14:48 #934821

HI Blanka,

I agree with Annika. There’s still snow at Fronalpsstock and Klingenstock. In fact the ski season on Stoos doesn’t end until April 5th. From April 6th to May 7th, the chairlifts to Fronalpstock and Klingenstock will be closed for maintenance.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Klingenstock to Fronalpstock walk early April’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.