Lake Brienz cruise: departure Interlaken West/Ost?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2020 at 11:54:24 #825227

Hi there

I am visiting interlaken on 3rd to 5th June 2020 and would like to do the boat cruise from interlaken to Brienz. Can i take that cruise from interlaken West or i have to get to Interlaken OST?

Do i have make earlier reservation or just walk in? I’m going to use STP for my all trip

Thank you in advanced.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6274 posts
    15 February 2020 at 13:47:18 #930199

Hi Piduihdin,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Interlaken is located in between two lakes namely Lake Thun and Lake Brienz. If you plan to go on a boat cruise to Brienz, it’s more practical to leave from the dock in Interlaken Ost, which is only a few minutes by away by train or bus from Interlaken West. You can buy the tickets at the booth just before departure, or just show your Swiss Travel Pass. Reservations are not required unless for special packages such as dinner cruise, etc.

For more information about the numerous cruises on Lake Thun and Lake Brienz, please refer to the following links:

Regards,

Anna

CabinJon
    Participant
    280 posts
    15 February 2020 at 13:49:50 #930200

Interlaken Ost. All the boat cruises we’ve taken using the Swiss Travel Pass are simply a matter of showing your STP and walking onto the boat.

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    16 February 2020 at 4:02:41 #930201

Hi,

Attached is a map showing how close Interlaken Ost train station is from the Lake Brienz boat dock, which I have indicated with a purple circle.

Note also how close you are to the base of the funicular which runs up to the Harderkulm.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    17 February 2020 at 1:31:58 #930202

Hi Peterli-

<<“Note also how close you are to the base of the funicular which runs up to the Harderkulm.”>>

It is difficult to learn from your map because there is no distance scale shown.

Slowpoke

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    17 February 2020 at 2:44:35 #930203

IFIFY. You forgot to add “. . . but Google maps says it is 500meters or a 6 minute walk”.

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    17 February 2020 at 4:00:59 #930204
  • The thread ‘Lake Brienz cruise: departure Interlaken West/Ost?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.