About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Lake Brienz cruise: departure Interlaken West/Ost?
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Lake Brienz cruise: departure Interlaken West/Ost?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Piduihdin
Piduihdin
1 post
Feb 15, 2020 - 11:54 AM

Hi there

I am visiting interlaken on 3rd to 5th June 2020 and would like to do the boat cruise from interlaken to Brienz. Can i take that cruise from interlaken West or i have to get to Interlaken OST?

Do i have make earlier reservation or just walk in? I'm going to use STP for my all trip

Thank you in advanced.

Anna
Anna
957 posts
top member &
Feb 15, 2020 - 1:47 PM in reply to Piduihdin

Hi Piduihdin,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Interlaken is located in between two lakes namely Lake Thun and Lake Brienz. If you plan to go on a boat cruise to Brienz, it's more practical to leave from the dock in Interlaken Ost, which is only a few minutes by away by train or bus from Interlaken West. You can buy the tickets at the booth just before departure, or just show your Swiss Travel Pass. Reservations are not required unless for special packages such as dinner cruise, etc.

For more information about the numerous cruises on Lake Thun and Lake Brienz, please refer to the following links:

Regards,

Anna

Last modified on Feb 15, 2020 - 2:07 PM by Anna
CabinJon
CabinJon
158 posts
Feb 15, 2020 - 1:49 PM

Interlaken Ost. All the boat cruises we've taken using the Swiss Travel Pass are simply a matter of showing your STP and walking onto the boat.

Last modified on Feb 17, 2020 - 7:52 AM by Steph
Peterli
Peterli
1192 posts
top member
Feb 16, 2020 - 4:02 AM

Hi,

Attached is a map showing how close Interlaken Ost train station is from the Lake Brienz boat dock, which I have indicated with a purple circle.

Note also how close you are to the base of the funicular which runs up to the Harderkulm.

Please login to see the attached documents
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
7535 posts
expert
Feb 17, 2020 - 1:31 AM in reply to Peterli

Hi Peterli-

<<"Note also how close you are to the base of the funicular which runs up to the Harderkulm.">>

It is difficult to learn from your map because there is no distance scale shown.

Slowpoke

rockoyster
rockoyster
8888 posts
expert
Feb 17, 2020 - 2:44 AM in reply to Slowpoke

IFIFY. You forgot to add ". . . but Google maps says it is 500meters or a 6 minute walk".

Peterli
Peterli
1192 posts
top member
Feb 17, 2020 - 4:00 AM in reply to rockoyster

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020