Lake Geneva evening boat trip from Vevey?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2019 at 13:05:04 #822270

Thank you for giving all the guidance to tourist like me who will be visiting first time in Switzerland.

We will be going from Zermatt to Vevey on 6th August (family of three including my child of 13 years). We are going to visit Chaplin’s world and going to spend a night in Vevey. We would like to take a boat trip on Lake Geneva from Vevey.

Is there an option for a boat trip from Vevey in the evening hours?

Do boat trip fares covered by Swiss Travel Pass?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 June 2019 at 15:36:12 #915165

You’re most welcome ManishGathan!

You’ll find a link to the boat timetable under “More on other websites” on http://www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakegeneva/gettingth ere.

Boats are all free for Swiss Travel Pass holders, except for special cruises like dinner cruises. In that case you will get a discount (basically you then don’t pay for the boat ride but only for the dinner).

http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2019 at 7:05:59 #915166

Big Thank you….With the help of this forum & moderator Arno, I have been able to prepare my trip itinerary which is as follow & for your expert comments, if any.

Day 1: Rome to Zurich: To buy rail tickets for Rome to Chiasso – travel from Chiasso to Zurich travel covered by Swiss Travel Pass

Day 2: Zurich to Chur: Chur to Zermatt. (Going to reserve Glacier Express seats), however if the seats are not available in Glacier Express, we will take normal trains from Chur to Disentis/Muster to Andermatt to Visp or direct train to Zermatt

Day 3: Zermatt to Gornergrat & return,if possible, will go to matterhorn glacier paradise in the afternoon.

Day 4: Vevey: Visit Chaplin’s World & Boat trip on Lake Geneva

Day 5: Vevey to Lucerne & relax in Lucerne

Day 6: Lucerne to Mt. Titlis & boat trip on Lake Lucerne

Day 7: Lucerne to Mt. Pilatus & relax for the day

Day 8: Lucerne to Zurich : (Not yet decided what to visit in Zurich)

Day 9: Morning flight from Zurich to back home

FYI. We are going to Interlaken (Jungfrau) & Glacier 3000 in in organized Europe tour before we start our Swiss tour on our own.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2019 at 15:18:21 #915167

Since you are finishing your trip in Zurich have you considered taking the train from Rome to Chur and starting your GEX the next day – saving yourself a few days?

Annika
    7121 posts
    15 June 2019 at 18:13:53 #915168

Hi ManishGatan!

This looks like a well-planned and doable itinerary to me. As paddington suggests, you can use your inbound trip from Rome to start off in Chur rather than Zurich. You could even enter Switzerland via Tirano and head to Chur along the Bernina Express route (myswissalps.com/bernin aexpress), then pick up the Glacier Express route (https://www.myswissalp s.com/glacierexpress) on day 2 . That would be a longer inbound journey than Milan-Chiasso-Zurich though. You’d best play with the timetable at myswissalps.com/timeta ble to find out what suits your plans best.

Suggestions for your day 8 in Zurich can be found here: myswissalps.com/zurich /activities.

An 8 day Swiss Travel Pass seems to be a very good choice. Please see myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price for purchase options.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2019 at 6:08:06 #915169

Thanks Paddington, Yes, I considered going from Rome to Chur but I found that there is no direct route from Milan to Chur. I need to first go to Zurich and take another train to Chur. I thought to take rest in Zurich and continue to Chur next day morning.

Thanks Annika, My kid wanted to spend only one day on special route i.e. Bernina or GE so we selected GE. I hope explore Berniana in future. Thanks for Zurich suggestions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 June 2019 at 6:16:22 #915170

Hi ManishGathan,

Apart from Milan to Chur via Tirano, as discussed in http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/hotel-suggestion-in-walking-distance-to-zurich-hb, there’s a also the quicker option with one change in Bellinzona (bus from Bellinzona to Chur). Both options are more scenic than the InterCity trains via Zurich as they cross a long tunnel through the Alps.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2019 at 8:20:02 #915171

Dear Arno,

Milan to Chur via Bellinzona sounds a good option for me. Let me explore the train & bus schedule.

• The thread ‘Lake Geneva evening boat trip from Vevey?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.