Lake Lucerne cruise schedules and costs?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2017 at 21:12:23 #810959

I was reading on one of the forums that the best cruise on Lake Lucerne is to take one all the way to Fluelen. How long would that cruise take and how much would it cost? I went to the SBB timetable and when entering Lucerne to Fluelen all it shows me are train routes.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2017 at 2:23:15 #859590

Hi, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The timetable brings up the fastest, most direct routes by default.

To get it to display options by boat, you need to click on “Advanced search”. Then scroll down a bit where you can select the mode of transport. Click “Unselect means of transport” then click on “Ship”.

The trip from Luzern to Flüelen by boat will take about 3 hours, then you can get a train back to Luzern from Flüelen. The train will take about an hour.

Information on tickets is here:

http://www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakelucerne/tickets

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Lake Lucerne cruise schedules and costs?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.