Lake Lucerne Sunset Cruise – buy now or later?

• 4pitesake
    Participant
    6 posts
    18 May 2023 at 19:23:15 #829872

Hello,

If I want to take a Sunset Cruise on Lake Lucerne on May 29th or 30th, do I need to book in advance or is that something I can buy at a tourist information office when I get there? I realize an advance purchase is safer but I woud like to keep my itinerary flexible if there is low risk of it selling out.

Thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2023 at 20:59:24 #954533

The boat which forms the ‘Sunset’ cruise is actually just a regular service boat – reservations are not necessary if you don’t need a restaurant table.

Yolanda
    2353 posts
    18 May 2023 at 21:12:45 #954534

Hello 4pitesake,

You can also purchase your Sunset Cruise tickets online. In the below link, if you scroll down to “More information” this will take you to the Lake Lucerne website.

It could well be busy and an advance booking is necessary, if the weather forecast is predicted to be good. Best to contact Lake Lucerne directly and ask. Also, if you have a rail pass, you may find your trip is covered or discounted. (I suspect with the Sunset Cruise, you will need to pay a little extra though due the meal provided)

Kind regards,

Yolanda

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4pitesake
    Participant
    6 posts
    18 May 2023 at 21:35:10 #954536

Thank you all for the quick response

Curlyfur
    Participant
    22 posts
    19 May 2023 at 17:36:07 #954537

If I want the meal service on the sunset cruise, and I have the Swiss Travel Pass, do I select “general abonnement” for the ticket discount? Also, my child has the free STP, what do I select for her?

thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2023 at 18:49:55 #954538

Yes, you will have to since that is the only item on the booking form that returns a £0.00.

It might be worth checking with SGV that the STP is indeed valid for such a booking (it is not made clear!)

Anna
    6382 posts
    20 May 2023 at 7:09:31 #954539

Hi Curlyfur,

Yes, select the General Abonnement option if you have a Swiss Travel Pass. Do the same thing if you wish to reserve a seat for your daughter too.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Lake Lucerne Sunset Cruise – buy now or later?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.