Large Swiss family trip in June 2023

• ShellyMonsen
    Participant
    1 post
    9 June 2022 at 16:18:05 #827462

My extended family and I are planning a trip to Switzerland in June of 2023. My 85 year old mother’s grandparents were both born outside of Bern and later immigrated to the USA. She has never been to her ancestral homeland which is on her bucket list. We decided to attempt to travel with her and as many of her children and grandchildren as possible. We hope to have as many as 20 people on this amazing journey. We want to spend a week in the country. We’ve considered flying into Zurich, getting a hotel near the train station then going on train excursions each day yet keeping the same room so we (she) doesn’t have to hassle with luggage from city to city. We are open to other suggestions though.

I would love and greatly appreciate suggestions for any element of this trip from hotel recommendations near train stations, day trip suggestions, and just the general beginning to plan this trip. We have a variety of budgets from low to medium amounts for some of the travelers.

• The thread ‘Large Swiss family trip in June 2023’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.