Last day in Montreux – what to do?

• WTandBeyond
    Participant
    31 posts
    5 February 2020 at 20:05:25 #825120

We are ending our Swiss vacation with three nights in Montreux. (Prior to that we will have been in Lucern, Interlaken and Zermatt). I have our first two days in Montreux planned (Chillon Castle, trip to Lausanne to visit Olympic museum, sunset dinner cruise from Lausanne and day trip/hike from Gruyeres to Charmey via Broc) but am not quite sure what to do on the last day. Was considering going to Martigney to see the St. Bernard dog museum/complex but worried it will be a bit too young for my kids (who will be 11 and 13 at the time). Also was considering going across the lake to the French side and doing something there, but I’m not finding anything that really “calls” to me. This will be the end of a vacation where we’re planning lots of hikes, waterfalls, castles, glaciers, gorges, mountain tops etc so was thinking something a little different for the last day but am coming up blank. Any suggestions?

• The thread ‘Last day in Montreux – what to do?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.