Last minute Swiss itinerary decision help!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2018 at 1:18:12 #816288

Hi all,

we are arriving in Switzerland on June 13th , heading straight to Lucerne, (arrive by 3) and plan on doing whatever sightseeing we can that afternoon/evening.

Day 2 Mt Pilates or Rigi

Day 3. Finish up anything in Lucerne we want to see before heading to Wengen via a stopover in Interlaken to look around

Day 4. Wengen area…so many choices!! Ideas include The most recommended I have been reading about (Mt First /flyer/trotti bikes/Shilthorn/Lauterbrunnen, hiking Mannlichen/Kleine Scheidegg/Bachalpsee etc..)

Day 5. Wengen area…see list above!

Day 6

Day 7

Day 8 return to Zurich in early morning if we didn’t return the night before. -Day trip to Stein am Rhein, Rhein Falls, Konstantz.

day 9. Fly home.

We have no lodging reservations for day 6 and 7. Options I have thought of include :

moving to Berne Day 6 with a trip to Broc/gruyere day 7 then return to Zurich that night or next a.m. ,

Berne Basel visits as a rolling day trip on day 6 ending in Zurich…but then I need other suggestions for day trip ( day 7) from Zurich as we want to get out of the city.

Are there other suggestions for places or options I haven’t thought of? We like walking and wandering more than museums, unless there is something very special to see.

We are running really late on time to make these decisions since we have no lodging for those days yet so I appreciate any and all suggestions! Thanks so much!

• The thread ‘Last minute Swiss itinerary decision help!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.