Trip report 4 days Luzern (1) & Bernina Express

• Tommyc
    Participant
    17 posts
    20 December 2018 at 20:17:41 #819230

I post this late report, I mean “very late”. Because recently I saw many interesting trip reports from this forum, and suddenly I remember I had the first experienced to Switzerland and never share with anybody except my friends, so I do it now, the trip was 6 years ago.

Some details of the trip I don’t remember, but indeed Switzerland is a beauty country, I had an unforgettable memory for places that I have been visit. I only travel 4 days with my wife by mid October 2012.

I was lucky when I purchased a 4 days 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass, there was a promotion just right in the good timing, forgot the rate convert to Swiss Franc by that time, but was only $440 (Canadian Dollars), and the Pass is 2 for 1, my wife travel with me free. I wonder is there any 2 for 1 promotion in next year.

The highlight of my trip:

Bernina Express – Cross the Italy border to Tirano and catch the Bernina Express to Chur, the comfortable scenic train with big windows make the trip more enjoyable, there are not many people in the car by that time (mid Oct), it make me and my wife more relaxing. We arrived Chur at 18.27 and change train to Merlischachen, few stop before Lucerne where we check in hotel Swiss Chalet Lodge, which is within 10 minutes walk, a nice and quiet place that over look to the lake.

The Chapel Bridge – A beautiful wooden bridge that represent Lucerne I think, it across the River Reuss, we guess it take about 20 minutes to cross the bridge, but end up we took over an hour, because we found there are many different paintings inside on top of the bridge, very interesting, although some of them I don’t know what it’s talking about.

I had attached some photos with short descriptions.

Part two with photos: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-4-days-luzern-2

Tommy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    21 December 2018 at 1:47:15 #900680

Thanks for the report. They are always useful.

Hope you have a chance to return!

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 December 2018 at 9:02:26 #900681

Lovely photos!

Thanks Tommy – indeed better late than never. 🙂 Always good to hear about nice trip!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    21 December 2018 at 9:52:24 #900682

Hi Tommy-

You have a good eye for composition. And took the Bernina Express at a nice time of year.

I think the glacier is the Morteratsch Glacier?

Slowpoke

Tommyc
    Participant
    17 posts
    21 December 2018 at 14:34:19 #900683

Thank you Lucas & Slowpoke,

Glad you like the photos! I like to share to everyone who like Switzerland or plan to travel to this beautiful country.

Slowpoke, I am a Graphic Designer, may be that’s why you think <<You have a good eye for composition>>. And you are right, that is the Morteratsch Glacier.

Tommy

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    21 December 2018 at 15:35:26 #900684

<<” I am a Graphic Designer, may be that’s why you think”>>

That’s all right, we won’t hold it against you. 😉

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Trip report 4 days Luzern (1) & Bernina Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.