Zugerland Panoramaweg & Lauiberghütte

Zugerland Panoramaweg & Lauiberghütte

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
jackdebear
jackdebear
58 posts
Mar 13, 2018 - 10:02 PM

I'm landing in Zurich and walking more or less the Zugerland Panoramaweg. From Egg I would like to turn south to Unteriberg. From there I would like to head south east over Saaspass to Glarus. My information is it's a 2 day walk with no human habitation in between. My map is showing a few hutte near Saaspass. Lauiberhutte is right on the trail. SAC search = 0. This is a real Google buster. So, my question is, does anyone know what I would find there? Shelter from the wind?

Lucas
Lucas
8952 posts
expert &
Mar 14, 2018 - 8:12 AM in reply to jackdebear

Hi Jackdebear,

You know I can even very little details on Lauiberhutte anyhere! I hope it still exists.

I've only found more details on:

Bockmattlihütte & Glärnischhütte at the SAC site that could possibly work for your routing....

Afraid this is out of my knowledge base!

Last modified on Mar 14, 2018 - 8:38 AM by Lucas
jackdebear
jackdebear
58 posts
Mar 14, 2018 - 9:30 AM

Glärnischhütte is a bit far off my route. I'm actually headed for Elm as I want to cross Richetlipass on my way to Braunwald. Maybe on the next section as I plan to wind around via Glattalpsee.

I did email Bockmattlihütte some weeks ago. No reply yet but your link had a different address so I'll try again. My information is that they are a weekends only operation. I'll be arriving there Friday August 3ist. I'm assuming the worst and hoping to find a bit of shelter to curl up in. Not used to roughing it in Switzerland. Be quite a change to get a bad nights sleep and have stream water and biscuit for breakfast.

I'll have to pay attention to things along the trail that might offer shelter. Bivouacs, bothies, karkas. Can't help thinking how soft I have become. Otzi would not be impressed.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018