Zugerland Panoramaweg & Lauiberghütte

• jackdebear
    Participant
    82 posts
    13 March 2018 at 22:02:07 #814758

I’m landing in Zurich and walking more or less the Zugerland Panoramaweg. From Egg I would like to turn south to Unteriberg. From there I would like to head south east over Saaspass to Glarus. My information is it’s a 2 day walk with no human habitation in between. My map is showing a few hutte near Saaspass. Lauiberhutte is right on the trail. SAC search = 0. This is a real Google buster. So, my question is, does anyone know what I would find there? Shelter from the wind?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2018 at 8:12:46 #878754

Hi Jackdebear,

You know I can even very little details on Lauiberhutte anyhere! I hope it still exists.

I’ve only found more details on:

Bockmattlihütte & Glärnischhütte at the SAC site that could possibly work for your routing….

Afraid this is out of my knowledge base!

jackdebear
    Participant
    82 posts
    14 March 2018 at 9:30:38 #878755

Glärnischhütte is a bit far off my route. I’m actually headed for Elm as I want to cross Richetlipass on my way to Braunwald. Maybe on the next section as I plan to wind around via Glattalpsee.

I did email Bockmattlihütte some weeks ago. No reply yet but your link had a different address so I’ll try again. My information is that they are a weekends only operation. I’ll be arriving there Friday August 3ist. I’m assuming the worst and hoping to find a bit of shelter to curl up in. Not used to roughing it in Switzerland. Be quite a change to get a bad nights sleep and have stream water and biscuit for breakfast.

I’ll have to pay attention to things along the trail that might offer shelter. Bivouacs, bothies, karkas. Can’t help thinking how soft I have become. Otzi would not be impressed.

• The thread ‘Zugerland Panoramaweg & Lauiberghütte’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.