Lauterbrunnen car park, and train to Wengen

• Marelize1980
    Participant
    6 posts
    1 February 2018 at 14:23:27 #814216

Hi everyone

question 1: We arrive in Lauterbrunnen with a car on 23 June 2018, and we leave on 25 June. Is it recommended to make a reservation for the car park?

Question 2: we then take the train to Wengen, where we will spend three days exploring the region. Must we book the rail pass in advance, or can we buy it in Lauterbrunnen on the 23rd of June? we will have quite a bit of luggage with us on the train to Wengen, is the train station far from the car park, and are there luggage restrictions? I apologise if I missed these answers elsewhere on this brilliant forum! Will be our first time ever in Switserland!

Many thanks,

Marelize

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2018 at 0:07:26 #875478

Hi Marelize,

>> We arrive in Lauterbrunnen with a car on 23 June 2018, and we leave on 25 June. Is it recommended to make a reservation for the car park?

June is not high season, and the information on the Parkhaus website indicates that non-reserved places are readily available. However, if you want to be absolutely sure of getting a parking spot for your preferred period, it might be worth making a reservation. Minimum periods apply, and there are no refunds for change of plans. More details here:

http://www.jungfrau.ch/shop/e n/parkticket/

>> we then take the train to Wengen, where we will spend three days exploring the region. Must we book the rail pass in advance, or can we buy it in Lauterbrunnen on the 23rd of June?

Which pass are you planning to buy? You could buy it in Lauterbrunnen, or some passes can be bought online in advance and printed at home.

>> we will have quite a bit of luggage with us on the train to Wengen, is the train station far from the car park, and are there luggage restrictions?

How much luggage per person?

The car park at Lauterbrunnen is adjacent to the railway station. You can see it on Google Maps, including Street View. There seems to be a pedestrian footbridge from the carpark to the station (but I have never used the carpark myself).

In Wengen, accommodation providers usually pick up guests and their luggage from the station on the day of arrival, and drop them off again on the day of departure. If you haven’t done so already, check what arrangements apply with your accommodation.

Alpenrose

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    4 February 2018 at 2:07:21 #875479

Hi Marielize-

In contrast to Alpenrose, I often travel by car as well as train on Switzerland. In the years since 1980, I have never needed a reservation at the very large car park in in Lauterbrunnem. June, even late June, is particularly easy, since the tourist season for Summer is just beginning.

<<“where we will spend three days exploring the region.”>>

Sounds like two days to me, since you will not arrive by 9AM (or, will you?) and will depart before the end of the third day, I’d guess. Not sure where you are going next, or what time you need to leave….

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Lauterbrunnen car park, and train to Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.