Schilthorn visit on Saturday/Sunday in November?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 September 2019 at 11:45:30 #823862

Hi, we will be travelling to Switzerland this late November and staying at Lauterbrunnen. As I aware that excursion to Schilthorn still be closed during that time (Until 6 December 2019) for maintenance and I wonder if is that possible during maintenance period we could go up to Murren-Schiltorn, as we read from some website, it will open for Saturday and Sunday Only for the few weeks of late November. Does anybody can help me clarify this thing? Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    15 September 2019 at 14:50:53 #922236

Hi Erwan! As far as I know, there’s no way to get up to the Schilthorn during its maintenance period from November 11 up to December 6 2019. That’s what their official timetable says, nor do any options appear in the SBB timetable at http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. I wasn’t able to find exceptions for Saturdays/Sundays. Do you remember where you’ve seen that information?

Nursya
    Participant
    8 posts
    15 September 2019 at 15:09:05 #922237

Hi Erwan,

I went to Mürren on 3 Dec 2018. Could not go further to Schiltorn as the route up was closed for maintenance. However, I am not sure if it is possible to go up by foot? I did not check that out.

My family and I just walked around Mürren and enjoyed the awesome view of Lauterbrunnen from there.

Hope this little information helps 🙂

• The thread ‘Schilthorn visit on Saturday/Sunday in November?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.