Lauterbrunnen, Mürren, Wengen in one day

• Marwa_el_dah
    Participant
    6 posts
    2 August 2022 at 7:48:04 #827952

Hello,

i will travel to lauterbrunnen from Geneva for a one day trip and I will be there from 12pm to 7pm. Can I see in 7 hours lauterbrunnen, murren and wengen???

thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6355 posts
    2 August 2022 at 12:02:10 #945066

Hi Marwa el dah,

Yes, it’s possible to visit Lauterbrunnen, Mürren and Wengen in one day. Here’s a sample one day itinerary in the Jungfrau region to help you plan your trip: http://www.myswissalps.com/onedayjungfrauregion

Regards,

Anna

pvonk
    Participant
    382 posts
    2 August 2022 at 19:18:12 #945067

What month of the year are you traveling? That could be important.

Marwa_el_dah
    Participant
    6 posts
    2 August 2022 at 22:42:57 #945068

It will be 26 of August (this month)

Mschwalbe
    Participant
    107 posts
    3 August 2022 at 1:29:26 #945069

Hello Marwa el dah,

Mürren, Lauterbrunnen & Wengen are amongst my favorite spots in Switzerland!! From Lauterbrunnen, the dramatic gondola ride up to Grutschalp, followed by a quaint train ride to Mürren is already spectacular! (Try sit on the left side of the train from which the view of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau is breathtaking). Mürren is a wonderful little village that you will enjoy wandering through. (I was there in late June; the train station was under construction at the time). If you don’t want to come back down to Lauterbrunnen via the same little train and gondola, another option would be the gondola from Mürren down to Stechelberg. The gondola ride is breathtaking as it sweeps you down the steep mountain side! From Stechelberg you can take a bus to Lauterbrunnen; and then from Lauterbrunnen you would take a train, another quaint little train, up to Wengen.

I wish you a wonderful (7 hour!) visit!

Monica (from Montreal, Québec, Canada)

Marwa_el_dah
    Participant
    6 posts
    3 August 2022 at 9:42:06 #945070

Thank you so much

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2022 at 9:59:18 #945071

Yes, that is possible. I first did that as a day trip from Geneva in 1967!

Bear in mind that you will see most of what you see in Wengen from Murren (Murren and the mountains above Murren overlook the Wengen area and the Jungfrau massif), so there is not really any need to visit Wengen

• The thread ‘Lauterbrunnen, Mürren, Wengen in one day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.