Recommendations for Lauterbrunnen in November?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 October 2018 at 20:41:57 #818595

I have 4 days to spend in the Lauterbrunnen region at the end of November. I am very worried about weather and attractions and hotels being closed. Does anyone have any advice or recommendations that they know will be open? Any help is appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2018 at 6:33:07 #897266

Hi hockeymom08 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, it is low season in November, but by the end of the month most attractions & hotels that closed will start to open up again for the ski season. What are you interested in doing there?

You can see a list of our recommended attractions in the Jungfrau region here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrauregion/activitie s (click the route tab for each attraction to see operating dates).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2018 at 15:58:56 #897267

With my limited time frame, what would you recommend to get a true feeling of the region?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2018 at 16:06:06 #897268

Well the mountains there are the reason to visit the Jungfrau region. Schilthorn is free with the Swiss Travel Pass if you were planning on getting that rail pass (http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity) so that is an easy choice with that rail pass.

4 days is an ok amount of time to explore the area and everything except the hikes should be open.

Any of the mountains listed on my link from my first post are worth a visit. You can perhaps get an idea of some of the options and experiences from reading my trip report to the area here as well: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/jungfrau-region-as-a-day-trip-from-zurich

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2018 at 16:31:23 #897269

Fantastic…thank you so much for this and I will look at your post and respond if I have any questions.

ucchoi01
    Participant
    28 posts
    6 October 2018 at 7:47:08 #897270

As Lucas said, the mountains and the natural setting are the reasons for visiting Lauterbrunnen. So you’ll still have that in November… I wonder if any of the restaurants will be closed. Others here will know better than I do… However, the coop grocery will still be open. There is one in Wengen And I assume there are others in Lauterbrunnen or Mürren

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 October 2018 at 18:34:25 #897271

I am still having a hard time visualizing the area and how to get around and where to stay. Is there any kind of map that exists that details how to get from one place to another and village to another…almost like a skiing trail map that shows lifts, busses, etc?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 October 2018 at 6:58:57 #897272

Yes, Tourism Lauterbrunnen has an online brochure with a local map. Flip through to page 40-41 of 80.
    lauterbrunnen.swiss/en /summer/contact-services/services/broc hures/

• The thread ‘Recommendations for Lauterbrunnen in November?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.