Swiss Travel Pass and Jungfraujoch tickets

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2017 at 7:42:59 #811102

Hi

I have taken the Swiss Travel Pass for the family and got the delivery done already. I have two queries please.

• The STP as received does not have name mentioned on it. Also this has another pass enclosed Family Card, which I assume is for children.

My query : Do I write names on this Pass Myself Or I have to get this Validated at Zurich Airport. If So, where in Zurich Airport

• Is Junior Pass Different from Family Pass

• As I go to Jungfraugh from Lucerne, till which point my Journey is free and where shall I purchase tickets for Mountain Train to Jungfraugh.

Thanks in advance,

Vaibhav Goel

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2017 at 16:40:59 #860175

Hi Vaibhav,

• Yes, you write your name on the pass yourself.
    • Yes, the Junior Travel Card is different. As you have the Swiss Travel Pass than all you need is the Swiss Family Card.
    • From Luzern (local German spelling) you need to buy only a ticket from Wengen on to Jungfraujoch (at 25% off with the STP). You can purchase this ticket online or from any Swiss railway office / station before travel. You do not need to get off the train in Wengen to buy the ticket. You can find details on the Swiss Travel Pass validity map.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass and Jungfraujoch tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.