Park in Lauterbrunnen to visit Jungfraujoch

• BenedictCCN
    Participant
    14 posts
    10 April 2017 at 9:40:42 #811341

We are tourist from Hong Kong. We plan to visit Jungfraujoch on 3 May 2017. We would like to park our car at Lauterbrunnen car park. What kind of train ticket shall we buy? Is there any promotion?

Is there any other alternative route for us?

Thank you for your advice.

Benedict

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2017 at 12:32:53 #861216

Hi Benedict and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can buy your tickets to Jungfraujoch and read more about the destination here.

You can travel up directly from Lauterbrunnen via Kleine Scheidegg and on your return, if you want to, via Grindelwald. These two route options are noted on the page I linked above.

Are you planning on using trains more than just this one trip? If you are renting car you may also find the Swiss Half Fare Card worthwhile to get 50% off your train trips.

Regards,
    Lucas

BenedictCCN
    Participant
    14 posts
    10 April 2017 at 14:27:48 #861217

Dear Lucas,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Is it worthwhile for us to come up from Lauterbruneen and come down from Grindelwald? IS the train tickets include this trip? Shall I buy the ticket on my arrival to Luterbruneen or book tickets in advance?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Benedict

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2017 at 16:34:40 #861218

Hi Benedict,

If you want to do the round-trip it is best to start and end in Interlaken Ost (park there). Tickets could be bought in advance, perhaps the day before is best, for each direction, once you have an idea that the weather will be good up on Jungfraujoch.

Cheers,
    Lucas

BenedictCCN
    Participant
    14 posts
    11 April 2017 at 0:49:01 #861219

Dear Lucas,

Thanks for your advice! Where can I park the car near Interlaken OST station? How much will be the parking fee for 8 to 10 hours?

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Benedict

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 7:02:56 #861220

Hi Benedict,

I’m not sure what the parking charges are. It is best to visit the Swiss railways website at http://www.sbb.ch; please note however they are updating there website at the moment and there are issues accessing some information. You may want to wait a day or two if it isn’t working for you (I can’t get it to cooperate today).

I would expect parking to be around 3 to 5 chf per hour.

Lucas

Annika
    7121 posts
    11 April 2017 at 7:19:36 #861221

I’m pretty sure there are P+Rail parking lots right next to the railway station but indeed, the SBB website won’t verify that today ;-). Apart from these, there’s a large parking garage under the COOP store on the other side of the street, opposite of the Interlaken Ost railway station. You’ll find it on these maps:

• The thread ‘Park in Lauterbrunnen to visit Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.