Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Lauterbrunnen to Kleine Scheidegg with cycle

Lauterbrunnen to Kleine Scheidegg with cycle

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Happy Pants
Happy Pants
9 posts
Jan 23, 2020 - 8:34 AM

Hi

Could anyone please advise if you are able to get off the train from Lauterbrunnen to Kleine Scheidegg at the intermediate stations of Allmend and Wengernalp with a mountain bike. I know the track starts at Wengen to bike up to Kleine Scheidegg but if I’m pushed for time can I get off at Allmend or Wengernalp and still get on the bike track to KS ?

Also, how long would it take to cycle back down from Kleine Scheidegg to Grindelwald and then on to Interlaken ?

Thanks very much

HP

Anna
Anna
670 posts
top member &
Jan 24, 2020 - 3:10 PM in reply to Happy Pants

Hi Happy Pants,

You can probably get off at Wengernalp. But to be sure you should ask at the station in Lauterbrunnen as I remember reading that bicycles are not allowed at a certain time and certain routes on the mountain railway.

This bike trail is part of a bigger trail between Interlaken and Grindelwald. For more details, have a look at this link from Schweizmobil: www.schweizmobil.ch/en/mountainbiking-in-switzerland/route/etappe-0858.html

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Anna

Happy Pants
Happy Pants
9 posts
Jan 24, 2020 - 3:30 PM in reply to Anna

Hi Anna

Thank you very much for your reply the link you sent is really useful

Cheers

HP

kim11
kim11
492 posts
top member
Jan 24, 2020 - 3:41 PM

If bicycles are allowed on the train you want to take you can certainly get off at Allmend as well. Allmend is a request stop only (push the button near the door)

Happy Pants
Happy Pants
9 posts
Jan 24, 2020 - 5:32 PM

Thanks for the info Kim

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020