Lauterbrunnen to Kleine Scheidegg with cycle

• Happy_Pants
    Participant
    19 posts
    23 January 2020 at 8:34:39 #824968

Hi

Could anyone please advise if you are able to get off the train from Lauterbrunnen to Kleine Scheidegg at the intermediate stations of Allmend and Wengernalp with a mountain bike. I know the track starts at Wengen to bike up to Kleine Scheidegg but if I’m pushed for time can I get off at Allmend or Wengernalp and still get on the bike track to KS ?

Also, how long would it take to cycle back down from Kleine Scheidegg to Grindelwald and then on to Interlaken ?

Thanks very much

HP

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6279 posts
    24 January 2020 at 15:10:07 #928516

Hi Happy Pants,

You can probably get off at Wengernalp. But to be sure you should ask at the station in Lauterbrunnen as I remember reading that bicycles are not allowed at a certain time and certain routes on the mountain railway.

This bike trail is part of a bigger trail between Interlaken and Grindelwald. For more details, have a look at this link from Schweizmobil: http://www.schweizmobil.ch/en/mountainbiking-in-switzerland/route/etappe-0858.html

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Anna

Happy_Pants
    Participant
    19 posts
    24 January 2020 at 15:30:05 #928517

Hi Anna

Thank you very much for your reply the link you sent is really useful

Cheers

HP

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    24 January 2020 at 15:41:14 #928518

If bicycles are allowed on the train you want to take you can certainly get off at Allmend as well. Allmend is a request stop only (push the button near the door)

Happy_Pants
    Participant
    19 posts
    24 January 2020 at 17:32:00 #928519

Thanks for the info Kim

• The thread ‘Lauterbrunnen to Kleine Scheidegg with cycle’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.