About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Lauterbrunnen to Schilthornbahn, arrival by car
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Lauterbrunnen to Schilthornbahn, arrival by car

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Shazia154
Shazia154
8 posts
Feb 12, 2020 - 8:50 AM

Hi there,

I will be visiting Schilthorn this March 2020. I will travel to Swiss by car and plan to park my car at Lauterbrunnen Station Parking. I will get the Swiss Half Fare too for my trips.

My question is, how much is the cost for the bus ride from Lauterbrunnen station to Stechelberg since I will not use STP (I read the bus ride is free with STP but nor sure for Swiss Half Fare).

Or is it better for me to park at Stechelberg? I plan to visit Stabbauch Falls after down from Schilthorn.

Hope you guys can assist me. Thank you.

Rail Europe
rockoyster
rockoyster
8888 posts
expert
Feb 12, 2020 - 9:42 AM in reply to Shazia154

Hello Shazia and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

From Lauterbrunnen a very nice circuit to do is to Grütschalp (cable car), Mürren (train), Gimmelwald (cable car), Stechelberg (cable car), Lauterbrunnen (bus). From Mürren you can easily visit Schilthorn (don’t miss The Thrill Walk at Birg). You will understand why this is the best direction shortly after the cable car from Gimmelwald to Stechelberg departs.

For checking timetables and finding prices see www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/checking-train-timetables.

Ildiko
Ildiko
1018 posts
top member &
Feb 12, 2020 - 12:59 PM in reply to Shazia154

Hi Shazia154,

Swiss Half Fare Card (www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard/price) is a good option if you are also planning to drive in Switzerland. You can see the validity map of the Swiss Half Fare Card at www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard/validity. (Bus from Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg is discounted by 50%, just as the cable car and train from Lauterbrunnen to Mürren).

Here is the hiking route description from Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg: www.myswissalps.com/hiking/lauterbrunnen-stechelberg.

Also see:

Ildiko

Shazia154
Shazia154
8 posts
Feb 13, 2020 - 2:26 AM in reply to rockoyster

Can I do this route with the Half Fare Card?

If I do this route, where should I park my car and where is the starting point?

(Im travelling by car because we will travel across France, Swiss, Germany, Netherlands and Belgium)

Thank you again

Shazia154
Shazia154
8 posts
Feb 13, 2020 - 2:32 AM in reply to Ildiko

Thank you for your response.

I will post new thread on my itinerary and hope you can advise there too.

rockoyster
rockoyster
8888 posts
expert
Feb 13, 2020 - 4:53 AM in reply to Shazia154

Park you car at Lauterbrunnen (near the rail station) and head for the base station of the cableway to Grütschalp (near the rail station). You can do pretty much any route in Switzerland with the Swiss Half-fare Card so the answer to that is yes. If you haven’t already familiarised yourself with the map at www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard/validity then you should do so.

Last modified on Feb 13, 2020 - 4:54 AM by rockoyster

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020