Lauterbrunnen to Schlithorn with hike, early June

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2016 at 14:53:34 #809143

I am looking for very detailed information here and I think you can provide it from what I’ve seen in these threads. My husband and our 14 year old daughter will be staying in Lauterbrunnen June 6th to the 7th, during this time, we would like to go to the Schlithorn, however, I am looking at maps and trying to figure out what order the villages I need to buy tickets for, this is so confusing! Then, once at the Schlithorn, assuming good clear weather, I want to hike down part of the way, I saw an “easy hike” from one village to another, I want to see very specific directions on what my itinerary would look like. I have seen all the maps, etc but I am not familar with Switzerland and need very detailed info, like Lauterbrunnen to the next village, then the next and so on. Once at the Schlithorn, where do I find the easy 1.5 hour hike, that I think touches Murren some how? Would also love to see Grindelwald too, all in one day of course! Its so confusing and since we are only there for 2 days, we cant mess around with making directional mistakes that will take time off our itineraries that we want to experience. I hope this message finds you well!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    8 May 2016 at 19:15:24 #851731

Hi Ellenhuscher,

Did you check this page? There are two possible routes from Lauterbrunnen to the Schilthorn (not Schlithorn ;-)) and they’re described in detail there. The timetable allows you to find connections for your travel dates/times and to extract fares. Depending on the route you pick, you either need:

• tickets Lauterbrunnen-Grütschalp-Mürren (by cable car and train)-Schilthorn (by cable car), or
    • Lauterbrunnen-Stechelberg (by bus) and Stechelberg-Schilthorn (by cable car).

The railway staff at the Lauterbrunnen railway station will help you to get the right tickets if you explain about your plans

As for a hike on your way down: there are several options:

• Mürren-Gimmelwald. In that case you need tickets Schilthorn-Mürren (cable car), Gimmelwald-Stechelberg (cable car) and Stechelberg-Lauterbrunnen (bus);
    • Mürren-Grütschalp. In that case you need tickets Schilthorn-Mürren (cable car) and Grütschalp-Lauterbrunnen (cable car);
    • Stechelberg-Lauterbrunnen, down in the valley. You’ll then need tickets Schilthorn-Stechelberg (cable car), and nothing else as you’ll walk back to Lauterbrunnen.

Mind that parts of the route may be discounted or even for free if you use a rail pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2016 at 21:57:37 #851732

Thank you so much! This was very helpful, its exactly what I needed! Now I just hope the weather cooperates so we can go to the top and see the Schlithorn!

• The thread ‘Lauterbrunnen to Schlithorn with hike, early June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.