Lauterbrunnen to Zurich with a stop in Bern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2019 at 2:55:14 #822850

Hello,

My family of four is planning on taking the train from Lauterbrunnen to Zurich. We are hoping to stop in Bern for several hours at least. I see on the timetables that I can select a longer “duration of transfer”. Is that the method I should use for booking this trip, just making the duration several hours long?

I can’t simply show up back at the Bern Ost and get on the train to Zurich at any time I want, correct? I have to have a specified duration, a specific ticket time for which I would be learning Bern, correct?

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 July 2019 at 6:13:27 #917779

Hello Sarah Nicole,

If you have tickets from Interlaken to Zurich via Bern it is good for the whole day. You can break the journey anywhere you like for as long as you like.

The Saver Day Pass (http://www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass and bit.ly/2rkekat) might be a bit cheaper (assuming you have no other pass).

Annika
    7121 posts
    15 July 2019 at 9:35:48 #917780

Hi Sarahnicole6,

Note that you don’t have to actually book this journey. You’ll need a valid ticket or Saver Day Pass, but seat reservations aren’t required. Simply pick any connection from Lauterbrunnen to Bern, and once you’re done from Bern to Zurich. The only thing to be cautious with are the cheaper Supersaver tickets, as these are for specific trains and departure times only:

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 July 2019 at 9:58:08 #917781

Sorry, I said “If you have tickets from Interlaken to Zurich via Bern ” and should have said “If you have tickets from Lauterbrunnen to Zurich via Bern”. You only need one ticket if you are completing the journey the same day.

• The thread ‘Lauterbrunnen to Zurich with a stop in Bern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.