Lauterbrunnen trainstation, taxi/limo/car service?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 November 2019 at 19:44:17 #824531

Hello, we will be in Lauterbrunnen mid December and are arriving by train. Our lodging is about 15 minutes away and we are getting in late and have one in our party that doesn’t do well walking on uneven or long distance. I believe its only about 15 min walk but may be too much for him. Is there any type of car service/taxi available?. I have tried to find the bus but that is deeming difficult as well. Any help would be appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 November 2019 at 20:38:36 #925575

Hello Wmiles584,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! There are usually taxis waiting for passengers outside the train station. There are also these two taxi services available in the Lauterbrunnen train station:

I have attached the links with the contact information. Sorry they are both in German, perhaps you could write or call them with this question: “Sprechen Sie Englisch?” If all else fails, I could help arrange for pick-up service. I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Suzanne

pvonk
    Participant
    382 posts
    25 November 2019 at 2:27:02 #925576

“Getting in late”. How late is late?

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    26 November 2019 at 2:15:42 #925577

<<“How late is late?”>>

A reasonable question… It might resolve the ambiguity about bus availability.

And, some hotels have pickup service….

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Lauterbrunnen trainstation, taxi/limo/car service?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.