3 days Lauterbrunnen-Interlaken-Murren-Gimmelwald

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2019 at 0:03:44 #822364

My boyfriend and I are traveling for 3 days in August. We’re arriving at the Zurich airport and our hotel is in Lauterbrunnen. We would take the train from the airport to our hotel.

We’re planning on seeing the Jungfrau region (Lauterbrunnen, Murren, Gimmelwald) all in 1 day and also want to go to Interlaken for another day. What are things we definitely can’t miss at these places?

Which place should we go paragliding in? We were thinking of doing it in Interlaken.

We also want to go to the Gelmerbahn Funicular. We know it’s further away but we would like to go there. The view look amazing. Any advice for anyone who’s gone here??

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    20 June 2019 at 10:14:46 #915632

Hi jekkadari, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can see a lot of the Jungfrau region in one day if you plan wisely. This sample itinerary may be of help: myswissalps.com/oneday jungfrauregion. Suggestions for other activities can be found at myswissalps.com/jungfr auregion/activities, and the timetable at myswissalps.com/timeta ble allows you to plan each trip in detail.

I wouldn’t spend an entire day in Interlaken, but rather a couple of hours at the most. Interlaken’s surroundings are much more attractive. The list of activities I included above provides trips that can be combined with a short town visit.

Yes, paragliding can be done from Interlaken. Please refer to myswissalps.com/activi ties/sports and select “Bernese Oberland” as your preferred region to see paragliding options and other adventurous activities.

The Gelmerbahn is spectacular indeed, but whether it’s worth the travel time is up to you. I’d personally prefer to focus on the Bernese Oberland, as it has more than enough to offer for a 3 day visit.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2019 at 3:50:29 #915633

Thank you so much, Annika!

• The thread ‘3 days Lauterbrunnen-Interlaken-Murren-Gimmelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.