expert
Jul 7, 2018 - 8:21 AM
Lucas
Lucas
7106 posts
expert &
Jul 7, 2018 - 8:43 AM in reply to rockoyster

Thanks for the note sir!

That is a shame about losing Schilthorn next year. I think they may have overwhelmed themselves there this year!

PS I moved this to the rail forum. :)

Last modified on Jul 7, 2018 - 9:34 AM by Arno
Arno
Arno
10741 posts
expert &
Jul 7, 2018 - 9:11 AM

Thanks Rockoyster! I will post further details next week for the early planners. It's a pity that they combine a price increase with less fully included mountain excursions (only Rigi will remain free). I think Lucas is right; free excursions tend to attract a lot of people.

maggiehorswell
maggiehorswell
570 posts
top member
Jul 9, 2018 - 3:21 PM

Thanks for information Rockoyster.

Last year went to Pilatus as it was free (temporarily) so this year will have to include Schilthorn and Stanserhorn while included! last couple of years in late Nov /early Dec the UK Swiss Travel Centre has offered us (presumably as we are annual customers?) our STP at that year's rate, i.e before price increase provided we purchase by phone so hope they might do the same this year.

Maggie

Arno
Arno
10741 posts
expert &
Jul 9, 2018 - 4:52 PM in reply to maggiehorswell

If they do that again you'd save around 5% Maggie. You'll find the new prices here: www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/overview-of-the-swiss-travel-system-passes-in-2019.

BarSal
BarSal
89 posts
Jul 11, 2018 - 12:37 AM

The half fare card becomes more attractive if alps are your focus.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018