Mountain inclusion changes Swiss Travel Pass 2019

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2018 at 8:43:03 #890510

Thanks for the note sir!

That is a shame about losing Schilthorn next year. I think they may have overwhelmed themselves there this year!

PS I moved this to the rail forum. 🙂

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 July 2018 at 9:11:27 #890511

Thanks Rockoyster! I will post further details next week for the early planners. It’s a pity that they combine a price increase with less fully included mountain excursions (only Rigi will remain free). I think Lucas is right; free excursions tend to attract a lot of people.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2018 at 15:21:27 #890512

Thanks for information Rockoyster.

Last year went to Pilatus as it was free (temporarily) so this year will have to include Schilthorn and Stanserhorn while included! last couple of years in late Nov /early Dec the UK Swiss Travel Centre has offered us (presumably as we are annual customers?) our STP at that year’s rate, i.e before price increase provided we purchase by phone so hope they might do the same this year.

Maggie

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 July 2018 at 16:52:36 #890513

If they do that again you’d save around 5% Maggie. You’ll find the new prices here: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/overview-of-the-swiss-travel-system-passes-in-2019.

BarSal
    Participant
    113 posts
    11 July 2018 at 0:37:30 #890514

The half fare card becomes more attractive if alps are your focus.

• The thread ‘Mountain inclusion changes Swiss Travel Pass 2019’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.