Local eats and secret spots in Lucerne!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2017 at 4:57:22 #812004

Hi!

Currently located in Lucerne! Maybe it won’t be a secret anymore if you answer this question but I’m looking for local eats that are not too touristy and hidden spots to enjoy a picnic or beautiful views in Lucerne.

Thanks!

Danielle

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2017 at 11:09:22 #864084

I don’t know Lucerne that well for restaurant suggestions…anything lake-side is what I look for, but it will be busy in this weather!

Perhaps another member will have more details for you.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    28 May 2017 at 20:18:10 #864085

I tried the newly refurbished Brauerei Rathaus on the quai at Unter den Egg 2, across the river from the Jesuit Church, last week. It had been a reliable standby for many years under the old owners. It is even better now.

Their website is under construction, or I’d link you to it.

Good range of prices and simpler, cheaper food. Also, there are full meals at various price points. I had a full dinner and the portions were huge, and the flavors excellent.

You won’t avoid tourists there, but it is a good deal.

For Luzern, the prices are quite good for what you get. However, nothing in Switzerland is cheap. ;-(

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Local eats and secret spots in Lucerne!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.