Location of bus stop near Mühlehorn, Bahnhof

• MARISA297
    Participant
    3 posts
    27 August 2022 at 14:53:59 #828194

This is an extremely specific question and I apologize if it is unfit for this forum.

When I visit Switzerland for the first time next month, I will need to take the bus from Mühlehorn, Bahnhof (this cannot be changed). When I look the place up on Google Maps it looks like a parking lot rather than a bus stop. Is that the correct place? I want to be sure because the SBB timetable that I’ve looked up says I only have 4 minutes to walk from the train station (Mühlehorn) to the bus stop (Mühlehorn, Bahnhof). Is the 4 minute window even enough?

If anyone is able to share their experience of taking the bus from this particular stop, I would appreciate it very much.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6274 posts
    27 August 2022 at 17:38:11 #946093

Hi MARISA297,

That information is correct. Bahnhof basically means a bus terminal. This is usually located adjacent to the train station. Generally it could also be a part of a parking lot for train station visitors, which is what you saw on Google map. Four minutes should be enough time to walk from the station platform to the bus terminal.

You can find useful tips on how to travel with Swiss rails here: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/howtotravel

Let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 August 2022 at 17:56:58 #946094

The bus stop is just next to the train station. You can find the station’s map here:

http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/at-the-station/railway-stations/station.9418.muehlehorn.html

MARISA297
    Participant
    3 posts
    28 August 2022 at 3:23:01 #946095

Thank you Anna and Trainliner.

The red circle is where Google Maps says Mühlehorn, Bahnhof is, but seeing the SBB map that Trainliner sent me, it seems it is in fact right next to the station (blue circle)? The SBB map shows two “Mühlehorn, Bahnhof”s so I am a bit confused but hopefully I will find the bus once I get there.

Thank you for your kind help! I am anxious about every small step of my trip but definitely very excited to be visiting!!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2022 at 6:09:31 #946096

Mühlehorn is a tiny station, you can’t get lost. The bus stops right at the station.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Bahnhof_Mühlehorn.jpg

Look at this image. On the end wall of the old station building you can see a red table that reads “Bus Kerenzerberg”. Underneath is a bus stop sign that reads “511 Ziegelbrücke”. That’s your bus stop.

MARISA297
    Participant
    3 posts
    28 August 2022 at 13:18:44 #946097

Oh, I see!!! Thank you so much. I feel so much more confident about this transfer now. I really appreciate your patience and time.

• The thread ‘Location of bus stop near Mühlehorn, Bahnhof’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.