Locker at Grindelwald Rail Station

• leoregnier69
    Participant
    7 posts
    4 September 2017 at 18:18:58 #813177

Hello friends.

Would someone tell me if there are lockers for “large luggage” at the Grindelwald rail station? If so, would you tell me the price, and the maximum time to leave the luggage stored? I ‘m asking because I’d like to leave a large suitcase stored for 3 days, while I am hiking in the mountains.

Thank you so much,

Leonardo

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 September 2017 at 21:43:29 #869439

Hi Leonardo,

See http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/railway-stations/further-stations/bahnhof.7380. html

Look for lockers under “Equipment and mobility at the station”.

Where are you travelling from to get the Grindelwald? You could consider forwarding luggage to Grindelwald and picking it up there after your hike. They will hold it for 4 days for free if you use the CHF12 forwarding fee.

leoregnier69
    Participant
    7 posts
    4 September 2017 at 22:31:22 #869440

Many thanks for the answer, my friend!

I saw the SBB website, but unfortunately (according to the website) the Grindelwald station does not have lockers for medium and large suitcases, only for small ones (24.8 cm x 42 cm x 75 cm). By the other side, I like the option you told: “consider forwarding luggage to Grindelwald and picking it up there after your hike”. I’m going from Basel to Grindelwald by train (with Swiss Travel Pass), and this is a cheap way to store my luggage for 4 days. The problem is that if I need something from the suitcase, I will not be able to get it (unlike the lockers, which I pay again, but I open as many times as I want).

Well… thanks again! Meanwhile I’m still going to look for another alternative.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2017 at 5:37:45 #869441

Hi Leonardo,

Yes, I like Rockoyster’s point…use the luggage forwarding system and have them hold the luggage for you while you hike.

I do believe Grindelwald has a left luggage office you could use as well.
    Check out more about luggage options with Swiss railways here.

Lucas

leoregnier69
    Participant
    7 posts
    5 September 2017 at 13:14:34 #869442

Thanks a lot Lucas!! 😉

• The thread ‘Locker at Grindelwald Rail Station’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.