Locker size in Swiss train stations

Locker size in Swiss train stations

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
cecily113
cecily113
61 posts
Jun 3, 2017 - 8:01 AM

Dear sir

I have two luggages, the biggest one size is 32.1 x 21.7 x 11.0 inch, the smallest one size is 26.4 x 17.7 x 9.8 inch . Is this size able to put into lockers in Swiss Train station? Where can I check the locker size? If it does, can I put two luggages together in one locker or separately?

I have a question is I have to put the lockers in Appenzell station, if the locker doesn't available, I have to put in the baggage service but the operating time doesn't fit my schedule, I have to pick it at 12:xx, but the service is closed until 13:15. Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Thanks a lot for all help!!

Cecily

Arno
Arno
9572 posts
expert &
Jun 3, 2017 - 8:59 AM

Hi Cecily,

Please visit www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/railway-stations.html to check if a station has lockers and the exact size. Indeed the left luggage office in Appenzell closes during lunch time in weekends. I don't know a way around that. You can ask for options when you arrive.

cecily113
cecily113
61 posts
Jun 3, 2017 - 9:25 AM

Thanks Arno, however the link can't check the exact size of the lockers. I just know there is a baggage services. Is there any tourist office nearby that can store luggage?

Arno
Arno
9572 posts
expert &
Jun 3, 2017 - 9:34 AM in reply to cecily113

Hi Cecily,

If there are lockers that page shows the size, but I think in Appenzell there's only a staffed luggage office, no lockers. The tourist office is 5 minutes on foot from the train station, but I don't know if they store luggage. You can ask though. They're open from 10 AM to 5 PM in weekends in summer.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017