Choosing the cheapest Swiss rail pass for 6 days

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Pkakkar
Pkakkar
1 post
Oct 9, 2019 - 8:53 PM

Hello, I am reaching Zurich on 21.10 morning with my husband and 13 year old child. Flying back on 26.10 evening. I am looking for a cheapest option to travel around Switzerland with my family. The plan is to stay overnight on 21.10 in Zurich (planning to visit Rhine Falls too), 22.10 in Lucerne, 23.10 & 24.10 in Interlaken (for 2 nights and visit Jungfrau Mountain), 25.10 in Montreaux and 26.10 Return to Zurich. Please suggest the best suitable option for my needs. This is the first time I am visiting this place. Also, Does this country except Euro or do I need to exchange money to the local currency? Please advise. Regards, Pooja

1960man
1960man
2159 posts
top member
Oct 9, 2019 - 10:53 PM in reply to Pkakkar

The currency in Switzerland is, proudly, the Swiss Franc, not the Euro.

pvonk
pvonk
222 posts
Oct 10, 2019 - 1:15 AM in reply to Pkakkar

You should read How to choose the best travel pass...

www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass

download the handy spreadsheet calculator and do the math.

Ildiko
Ildiko
340 posts
top member &
Oct 10, 2019 - 5:35 AM in reply to Pkakkar

Hi Pkakkar and welcome to MySwissAlps,

You can read about the Swiss Franc and also about Euro vs Swiss Franc at www.myswissalps.com/sw issfranc, it will help you decide.

For choosing the best Swiss rail pass for your family read the guide and use the spreadsheet provided by Pvonk. The downloadable spreadsheet also includes links to the “Where it's valid" page for all available passes, be sure to study it carefully. Usually travelers choose the Swiss Travel Pass (www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass) as this is the best and most convenient solution for trains in Switzerland. But do the math with the spreadsheet.

For your 13 years old have a look at the Swiss Family Card: www.myswissalps.com/sw issfamilycard.

To learn more about the places you are planning to visit see:

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019