Looking for a real Heidi's farm if there is one!

Looking for a real Heidi's farm if there is one!

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
kitty1109
kitty1109
1 post
Mar 22, 2018 - 5:34 AM

Hello and good morning, I am travelling to Switzerland in late April to early May, and I will be mainly in the Alps area, I am from Japan so the first impression of Alps for me would be Johanna Spyri's story of Heidi. I was wondering if there are really family owned dairy farms just like in Heidi's story in the Alps area?

And where would be the best place for me to go in Alps if I would like to see those family farms?

(I did research but did not find much relative information so!)

Thank you a lot and hopefully you can give me some suggestions!

Lucas
Lucas
8906 posts
expert &
Mar 22, 2018 - 9:39 AM in reply to kitty1109

Hi Kitty1109 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I don't have details on farm stays on this site, but have a look here: https://www.myfarm.ch/ en & for Heidi's farm itself here: http://www.heididorf.c h/en

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 23, 2018 - 12:35 AM in reply to kitty1109

>> Hello and good morning, I am travelling to Switzerland in late April to early May, and I will be mainly in the Alps area, I am from Japan so the first impression of Alps for me would be Johanna Spyri's story of Heidi. I was wondering if there are really family owned dairy farms just like in Heidi's story in the Alps area?

The story of Heidi is set in the canton of Graubünden, in the vicinity of Maienfeld, but there are alpine farms in many areas of Switzerland.

Cows and goats grazing in the high alpine meadows is a summer thing. In late April and early May, they will most likely still be in their winter quarters, either in low altitude fields, or in stalls.

If you ever have the chance to visit Switzerland in early autumn, you might like to see an Alpabzug or désalpe, when decorated cows (and sometimes goats) descend in a procession from the high alpine pastures to their winter quarters before the snow sets in. These events are often held in association with a local farmers' market and include traditional entertainment.

>> And where would be the best place for me to go in Alps if I would like to see those family farms?

Do you mean actually visit a farm? Some offer farm experiences, but mostly aimed at young children, probably not conducted in English.

Here a a couple of links you could explore:

www.interlaken.ch/en/f arm-visits-interlaken.html

www.myswitzerland.com/ en-au/adventureoffer-55215.html

www.alpenwild.com/trip /grindelwald-and-eigeralp-farm-stay/overview/

www.myswitzerland.com/ en-au/living-in-glarus-like-heidi-s-alpoehi.html

Alpenrose

Last modified on Mar 23, 2018 - 12:41 AM by Removed user
1960man
1960man
523 posts
top member
Mar 23, 2018 - 1:29 AM

Just about anywhere in rural Switzerland you will find quaint family run dairy farms!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018