Looking for the perfect hiking trail for July!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 January 2017 at 18:48:51 #810611

Hello everyone!

My boyfriend and I are planning our first trip ever to Europe in July. We will be visiting my sister in Germany first, then driving to Switzerland, before heading to Italy. We are avid hikers and looking for a great trail somewhere in the Alps. We’ve been having a hard time finding a hike that includes all our wishes (we know it’s a long list). We would like:

• one day (4-8 hours)
    • moderate/medium level difficulty
    • panoramic views
    • a trail that loops back to where it began
    • a place to park a car at the start
    • preferably free or low cost
    • nothing that requires more equipment then basic hiking shoes

I was looking at Saas Grund-Saas Almagell (Hohenweg Almagelleralp?) but found many reviews saying there are better trails.

The Jungfrau seems promising but I haven’t been able to find a specific trail that meets our desires.

Just wondering if anyone has some other suggestions! Also I’m open to suggestions and advice on renting a car, driving the roads, and really anything else! Thank you all in advance!!

• The thread ‘Looking for the perfect hiking trail for July!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.