Loved the Jungfrau region: where to go next?

• GoGiantsfan
    Participant
    52 posts
    1 June 2022 at 16:46:28 #827381

Hi. In September 8 of us traveled to Switzerland for 11 days. We had an awesome trip. Got super spoiled with no crowds. We are thinking of heading back this year at some point on a last minute trip(probably September again) Meaning if the weather looks good we go. This time probably for just a week. Last trip we spent 8 days in Grindelwald , 2 in Lucerne and 2 in Zurich. We Hiked Grindelwald area, did all the activities up at First. Hiked Schynige Platte. Rented Ebikes and rode thru Lauterbrunnen up to Murren. We went up to Schilthorn. We did Grindelwald Gorge, boat ride to Giessbach Waterfall, Aare Gorge. Went to Kandersteg and Hike Lake O(might have been our favorite day) . Also boat ride and up to Mt Pilatus. In addition we did a boat trip down the Rhein from Konstanz stopping at Stein am Rhein and then went on to the Falls. The trip was amazing. We loved being in Grindelwald and just jumping the train, cable car, tram etc to a hike or activity we want all the in same region. Any thoughts of were we should go, We don’t care for the cities area. We love biking, hiking, actives..ie trotti bikes , mountain carts etc. I was looking at Mt. Titlis area for a day or two, Zermatt for a couple days. I was also reading about things to do by Mt. Niesen by Interlaken . Any thoughts would be great. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    1 June 2022 at 17:17:50 #942716

Hi GoGiantsfan,

Good to hear you want more of Switzerland 🙂 There are too many options to list here, but you can get started through the “Where to go” menu in the top navigation. A combination of the Lake Lucerne region and Zermatt would be great. I’d prefer more than two days for Lake Lucerne. There a lot to do/see there. You could easily stay 2 weeks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2022 at 18:27:45 #942717

Hi GoGiantsfan,

when I was reading your post, I was exactly thinking that Zermatt is the place you should visit.

If you go back to Lucerne to visit Titlis, I can also recommend Rigi and Stanserhorn.

The Lake Geneva area with Montreux, Vevey, Lavaux vineyards and Lausanne is also a beautiful area.

Have you been to Graubünden? Plenty of mountain tops to visit, easy to spend even a week there.

Let us know how you like these ideas,

Take care,

Ildiko

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2022 at 19:08:29 #942718

Visit Graubünden

Huge area full of interest and fantastic hiking (I’ve spent around 10 holidays there over the 15 years, using the Rhaetische Bahn (RhB) and walking to get around) . The RhB railway is the famous narrow gauge network which is the defacto ‘national railway’ of Canton Graubunden

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhaetian_Railway

(Mets Fan…)

GoGiantsfan
    Participant
    52 posts
    1 June 2022 at 23:12:13 #942719

Great information. I will look into the suggestions and see what I come up with .

1960Man – That is NY Football Giants:)

Thanks,

Karen

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2022 at 23:55:31 #942720

Sorry I realise I forgot to indicate the location of my pictures

image 9662 shows a Chur – St Moritz IR train between Berguen Bravuogn and Preda, where the RhB Unesco Heritage Albula Railway spirals and loops the loop up the upper Albula valley to the Albula tunnel

On this occasion we were based at a rented chalet in Berguen village

image 9853 was taken on my breakfast ‘leg stretch’ walk from a campsite adjacent to Sumvigt Cumpadials station on the RhB line from Chur to Disentis Muster up the Valley of the Vorderrhein river. The train is descending from Disentis

Arno
    15482 posts
    3 June 2022 at 15:52:58 #942721

One more vote for Graubünden! And thanks for your pictures 1960man.

• The thread ‘Loved the Jungfrau region: where to go next?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.