Zurich to Rhine Fall to Mt. Pilatus on 1 day?

Zurich to Rhine Fall to Mt. Pilatus on 1 day?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
alexis2323
alexis2323
13 posts
Jun 4, 2017 - 10:02 AM

Hello

i arrive in Zurich and am thinking to go straight to Rhine Falls and then a train to lucerne, is it then possible to get cogwheel up to Pilates and cable down or other way around and boat back to lucerne? Could all that be done in one day? Plane gets in at 8am

is there a timetable for cogwheel and gondola from lucerne

thanks heaps

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
3732 posts
expert
Jun 4, 2017 - 11:09 PM in reply to alexis2323

Hi Alexis -

I did not look up your earlier posts, but I'd be surprised if you had not been referred to the timetable. It can answer your scheduling questions:

www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

That, plus these links, can help you answer your questions:

www.myswissalps.com/pi latus

www.myswissalps.com/rh inefalls

I think that you can do both locations, but keep an eye on the timing for the last trips down from Pilatus. And, you will have to pay very close attention to, and plan in detail, on the specific timings to catch the appropriate trains, boats ( maybe) ,etc.

I am in a distinct minority, but my personal opinion is that I prefer to see things that are uniquely Swiss (Pilatus, Luzern itself) and not so much the Rhine Falls (there are a whole lot of waterfalls around the world, and I've see a few). ;-).

Each person has their own perspective, but I'd skip the Rhine Falls and focus on the Luzern area. It will be amuch laees rushed trip, and, in my opinion, more enjoyable.

Where will you sleep?

Where do you plan to stash your luggage?

Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017