Lucern Interlaken Basel trip for 4 days in October

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2018 at 6:00:10 #816006

We’re a party of 7, me and my wife and 5 other lady friends 55-65years old from the Philippines but we are physically fit for outdoor walks. We’re flying in Zurich Oct11, 2018 afternoon and then we fly out from Basel-Mulhouse Airport Oct15 morning. Our key points of interest are Lucern, Mt Pilatus (or equivalent) , Interlake then Bern, but we’re open to other suggestions within these areas.

Our original tour plan is OCT12 – Luzern, Oct13- Mt. Pilatus Oct 14- Interlake and Bern but sleeping over at Basel near the airport. Based on this original itinerary, I was considering a 3 night accommodation stay near Luzern and our last night at an airport hotel in Basel. While we’re ok with traditional hotel bookings for double or even triple rooms, we are quite open to staying in one big apartment where we could all sleep but preferably with a 2-toilet/bathroom feature.

Can I have your comments on whether we need to book a 3-night stay in Luzern area or will our 3rd night be better somewhere near Interlaken? Are there also plenty of available apartments in these areas? We would prefer apartments so we can all chat together but I having 2-toilets/bathrooms would be good since we’re 7 people. Thank you.

Jun

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2018 at 17:35:56 #885383

Hi Jun and welcome to MySwissAlps!

For such a quick trip I would stay in one place – probably Luzern. Have a look here for accommodation suggestions. I would’t move to Basel on your last night unless your flight is quite early.

You can use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out your trips from Luzern and see if the schedules/duration work for you.

Have you looked at rail passes for your trip? Have a look here for help choosing.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2018 at 8:32:20 #885384

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your reply. I’ve checked the train schedules and it seems there’s none that brings us to Basel before 9am. We need to catch a plane leaving Basel Airport by 10:10am and this is the reason we’re looking at sleeping in the Basel area May14 evening. Is this a correct observation? Thanks again.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2018 at 15:29:41 #885385

Oh yes, there are many trains to get you to Basel from Lucerne before 9am.

Make sure you are using the advanced timetable on the right side of the page when using my timetable link in previous post. You can also search from Lucerne to Basel EuroAirport (one change to a bus at Basel SBB station)

• The thread ‘Lucern Interlaken Basel trip for 4 days in October’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.