Lucern – Interlaken OST Train seat reservation

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2017 at 12:16:42 #813246

Hello guys,

At last my dream vacation is finalized and I am heading to Switzerland on 5 day trip starting tomorrow covering Lucern, Interlaken, & Lauterbrunnen. I have opted for Berner Oberland regional pass. Though most of the transport is free in pass, I just checked seat reservation from Lucern to Interlaken for 14th Sep morning. But to my surprise, there is no seat available. As I am traveling with my family, I am bit worried now as whether I can get a chance to board a train with my regional pass? Please suggest.

Regards,

S A Khan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2017 at 17:04:13 #869759

hi S A Khan!

No worries, it is very uncommon to make reservations on trains within Switzerland (often you can’t).

I would be quite surprised if you couldn’t find seats on the train. Best thing is to get to the train station a little early and wait for the train to arrive so you are the first ones on.

If it is really busy you could upgrade at the station to first class which is always quiet.
    Use the timetable here to see how busy the train is expected to be (under occupancy the the more “men” figures the busier it would be – I wouldn’t be concerned unless there were two red figures as that means it will be very busy.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2017 at 23:15:25 #869760

Hi Sakan,

>> I just checked seat reservation from Lucern to Interlaken for 14th Sep morning. But to my surprise, there is no seat available. As I am traveling with my family, I am bit worried now as whether I can get a chance to board a train with my regional pass?

It is generally not necessary to book this sector of the Golden Pass route – the really busy sector is from Zweisimmen to Montreux, because that train has the panoramic windows extending into the roof.

However, I checked available seating for the Luzern-Interlaken Ost sector for the morning of your date of travel, and there is ample seating still available in both classes in every train.

Is this the site on which you were trying to do the reservations?

reservations.mob.ch/re servation/reservation/ reservation/reservatio n/reservation/reservat ion/reservation/reserv ation/reservation/rese rvation/f?p=151:1:24822548848967 78::NO:::

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Lucern – Interlaken OST Train seat reservation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.