Lucerne to Geneva Airport rail pass options

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2018 at 10:30:01 #814388

Hello,

Right now I’m choosing either Basel or Geneva airport to go back to London for our trip in June. The price is pretty similar which is why it’s pretty hard for me to choose which airport.

We will be heading to Swiss from Paris through Basel. So I might think it will be a good idea for our flight back to be from Geneva Airport. but is this a good idea?

What kind of rail pass that we can use to get to geneva airport from lucerne if there is any?

I’ve read of golden pass but will that take you to geneva airport?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2018 at 15:07:54 #876469

Hi Ameera20,

There is nothing wrong with leaving from either Geneva or Basel – whichever is more convenient for your plans (staying around Basel or do you want to head south and see the area of Switzerland around Geneva?).

A Swiss Travel Pass will cover the route from Lucerne to Geneva. Buying it for your trip depends on what else you will be using the rail pass for during your stay (to make the cost worth it).

The Golden Pass is a train route. It runs from Luzern to Interlaken to Zweisimmen to Montreux. Train changes are required at Interlaken and Zweisimmen. From Montreux you can take a regional train to Geneva airport (about 1.5 hours or less).

You can use the Swiss railways timetableto plan your trips.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2018 at 23:55:23 #876470

How can you check the timings for Golden Pass route if there is any?

When I searched Lucerne to Geneva airport it shows a direct route., instead of the golden pass route.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    17 February 2018 at 0:36:07 #876471

For the Golden Pass Line you need to use the advanced timetable search and add via Interlaken Ost, Zweisimmen and Montreux. You will need to change trains at these stations and also possibly at Spiez.

The whole trip takes around 6½ hours depending on connections.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2018 at 9:20:00 #876472

Yes, the Golden Pass route information and explanations are all found on my link on my last post as well. 🙂

Happy travels!

• The thread ‘Lucerne to Geneva Airport rail pass options’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.