Getting from Lucerne to Stanserhorn

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 3:01:10 #816314

I planned to go Stanserhorn when I am at Lucern. I am not sure how to go to Stanserhorn from Lucern main railway station. I have STP. I read the forum that from Lucern station, I have to walk to another station to go Stanserhorn station. Could anyone provide the direction?

I will be there middle June. Could I just go to Stanserhorn station and get the tickets up the mountains instead of getting the tickets online which I need to print out?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 5:14:35 #886782

>> I planned to go Stanserhorn when I am at Lucern. I am not sure how to go to Stanserhorn from Lucern main railway station. I have STP. I read the forum that from Lucern station, I have to walk to another station to go Stanserhorn station. Could anyone provide the direction?

You get the train from Luzern station to Stans station. Then you have a 5-minute walk from Stans railway station to the Stanserhorn funicular valley station.

Both Stans railway station and the funicular valley station are marked on Google Maps. The funicular station is called Stans SthB.

>> I will be there middle June. Could I just go to Stanserhorn station and get the tickets up the mountains instead of getting the tickets online which I need to print out?

Yes, getting tickets at the Stanserhorn funicular valley station (not the railway station) is the best idea.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 6:18:26 #886783

Hi Simage,

Our Stanserhorn web page also lists directions: https://www.myswissalp s.com/stanserhorn/gett ingthere.

The same goes for the Swiss mountains on our page here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/activities/natur alsites/mountains Click on the Route tab.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 6:21:52 #886784

Thanks Alpenrose for the useful information

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 6:22:18 #886785

Thanks to Lucas for the useful information

• The thread ‘Getting from Lucerne to Stanserhorn’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.