About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Boat ride from Lucerne with Swiss Travel Pass Flex
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Boat ride from Lucerne with Swiss Travel Pass Flex

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Jenn Chuah
Jenn Chuah
100 posts
Nov 23, 2022 - 12:09 PM

Hi,

My mum and I finally arrived in Zurich. Tomorrow we are going to Lucerne. We are planning to take a short return boat ride from Lucerne and back to Lucerne. Please advise we should take the boat from Lucerne to which town? How long is the boat ride? Do we have to get down from the boat for the return trip to Lucerne? We both have the STP Flex.

Thank you.

Arno
Arno
15709 posts
expert &
Nov 23, 2022 - 3:43 PM in reply to Jenn Chuah

Hi Jenn Chuah,

Good that you're in Zurich now, I hope you enjoy it! There are numerous boat trips to be made on Lake Lucerne. You can choose from many routes and durations. Short rides can be made to Kehrsiten-Bürgenstock, Weggis or Vitznau for example. I think you can stay seated at Kehrsiten-Bürgenstock as these boats have kind of a quick ferry function to and from Lucerne. You'd get off the boat in Weggis or Vitznau and wait for another boat back to Lucerne. You'll find a link to (pdf) timetables under 'Information on other websites' at www.myswissalps.com/boatlakelucerne/gettingthere.

If you use a free travel day on your Swiss Travel Pass Flex (https://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpassflex/howtouse) all boat rides will be free and you won't need any additional tickets.

Have fun!

Jenn Chuah
Jenn Chuah
100 posts
Nov 23, 2022 - 5:06 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks, Arno for the prompt response.

1960man
1960man
4429 posts
expert
gramels
gramels
61 posts
Nov 23, 2022 - 7:38 PM in reply to 1960man

the part of the lake between Brunnen and Flüelen is the most impressive; dont miss this.

Get a coffee and Zuger Kirschtorte on the boat. Brunnen is ok to stroll around.

On some boats 1st class upgrade is worth it du to better seating and view (mostly in summer on the steamers).

enjoy, I will wafe down from Mount Rigi; Mittlerschwanden

Lothar

Jenn Chuah
Jenn Chuah
100 posts
Nov 24, 2022 - 4:25 AM in reply to gramels

Thanks, 1960man and Gramels.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022