Lucerne 2017! Free Tell-Pass again?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2016 at 15:44:00 #810175

Hello All!

This my girlfriend and I went to Lucerne around early March and were over the moon to find out we got offered the tellpass 2 day pass with our Ibis Hotel we stayed at.

As we loved Lucerne and the mountains so much, we would be looking at coming again around the same time next year (March 2017), however we were wondering if they were offering the same tell pass offer as in 2016? It made such a positive difference to our trip!

Kieran and Abby

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 October 2016 at 8:13:23 #856302

Yes, Lucerne is nice !

You can ask the Ibis hotel. But free ?

I think you pay it a litle bit in your hotel price………

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 October 2016 at 8:15:25 #856303

It was a complimentary pass they did last winter when staying for longer than 2 nights. We only went for 4 days and didn’t manage to fit everything in so want to go back again.

Arno
    15483 posts
    2 October 2016 at 12:27:35 #856304

Hi Kieran and Abby, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I don’t know yet whether that offer will be available again. Please keep an eye on the below pages. We’ll update those when we have more information.

Arno
    15483 posts
    25 October 2016 at 16:59:23 #856305

This promotion will be available again: myswissalps.com/ forum/topic/stay-in-lucerne-in-winter-and-get-a-free-tell-pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 November 2016 at 16:38:00 #856306

Hi,

My friend and I stayed at the IBIS January 2016 (booked through booking.com) and were also over the moon when we unexpectedly received a free tell pass from our hotel. We weren’t aware of the promotion and it was only when we went to ask the receptionist for directions to one of the mountains that he offered us the pass. What a stroke of luck!

The beautiful setting and indeed the free pass made such an impression on my friend, that she has decided to return to Lucerne in Jan 2017, this time with her mum. After booking the hotel in exactly the same way as last year, she tried to book the Tell pass in advance, but was told by the hotel that they will be unable to offer her the passes as she booked through a third party website and not directly. A chat with an advisor on the tourism website confirmed that you must book through them, or direct with the hotel to receive the pass.

Has anybody else had this problem? It does not explicitly say this in the information on the tourism website. Obviously this is a huge disappointment, since the free pass is one of the main reasons for returning to Lucerne.

I want to make sure nobody else experiences the same problem. Still holding out hope that they will hand over the passes upon checkin!

Arno
    15483 posts
    10 November 2016 at 19:36:56 #856307

Hi Popstar57, welcome to MySwissAlps!

That’s really weird. I haven’t heard of that before. I’ll see if I can find more information and get back to you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 November 2016 at 15:59:53 #856308

Thank you!

Arno
    15483 posts
    11 November 2016 at 16:13:57 #856309

Hi Popstar57,

Indeed this appears to be true: only bookings through the local Tourist Office or the hotel itself qualify for the free pass. This may cause confusion among tourists but unfortunately this is not something I can do anything about. Thanks for your post!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 November 2016 at 16:14:19 #856310

Oh wow I’m glad you shared that. I will be also staying at Ibis Luzern Kriens and I’m currently booked through booking.com too. I think I will check the rates on the hote’s website and see if they have the same rates with booking.com to be sure.

Thanks again!

• The thread ‘Lucerne 2017! Free Tell-Pass again?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.